New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-04-2009, 02:32

Default Help please!

I actually posted this in the business section, but if anyone is like me, I rarely go to that section, so I was hoping to get more response here. I know this is not the appropriate area for it and I am really sorry, and I understand if it gets moved.

I have a website, but I'm just not overly excited about how it looks. I like the template, I just don't like the overall look and how things are placed. Could you please look at it and give me some suggestions on how to make it better, I just don't know where to start. There are actually things I know I want to change, but wanted to get some input from other ladies with similar websites/products. I really appreciate anyone taking the time to look at it and any advice is welcome.

Also, if anyone knows someone fairly inexpensive who would be able to help me with the changes please let me know.

The website is: Crunchy Bowtique

Thank you,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 04-04-2009, 03:12

Default Re: Help please!

Hi Michelle,
You have a cute website.. I like the template too!
Except your pictures takes a long time to load. May be you can resize them to 500px or 800px.. I dont find anything else wrong!

HTH
Old 04-04-2009, 03:36

You may want to change the font size on your categories so that they are more visible. Also, you have the categories across the top and on the side.....maybe justy putting them in one spot would simplify.

I love the polka dots and the colors!! I agree that pics take a while to load so you may want to resize. It is easy to navigate within categories.

Pics of the home page are very cute and make you want to explore the site and shop!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:07

I agree with the picture re-sizing-images on some pages load quicker than others. Overall, I like your site and can find things easily enough.

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 04-06-2009, 03:32

Thank you for your suggestions. I will work on resizing my images. I will also add changing the font size of the catagories to my list (don't know how to do that). I will also omit either the top row of catagories or the side panel, I don't need both.

Here is my list of things I want to change, what do you all think?

1. I would like to have a shopping cart button, right now it only shows up when someone adds something to the cart.

2. I need drop down features added for many of items to choose color options, etc.

3. How do I access the area on my main page that says "Personalized gifts available for baby showers...". I may want to edit that in the future and couldn't find the place to edit it.

4. When you add something to the cart and try to go to the shipping calculator, the
background is the same color as the font, so you can't read it. I guess I either need the background or the font color changed (preferably the background color).

5. I need larger pictures, when you click on a category at the top or side panel. When you open one of the item categories, the pictures to choose the sub-catagories are really small.

6. I would like a hit counter added that can track where the hits are coming from. I had statcounter on there, but it was loaded wrong, so I took it off.

7. Add paypal logo.

8. I need the white area on my main screens to be widened on the right hand side.

9. I may want to add a picture to my header at the top of my homepage.

10. I would like the layout of the specific items changed (I will have to describe this or give examples from existing sites to look at). Right now, when you go to a specific item, the item pictures are all left and the price is to the right. I would like the price and other info to be directly under the item.

11. I need the font size of the categories on the left side of the webpage to be larger so they stand out more.

I hope my descriptions are clear enough, itís kind of hard to describe.

Thank you for looking!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55

Someof your images re also too far away. I clicked on the boutique bow (the pink and brown or black one) and it wwas so tiny, and I couldnt see any detail, even when I clicked on it. a friend who designs websites for a living toldme to resize my pictures to the approximate size I want them to show up, so I resized all mine to 200x, whatever to keep it proportional and now my pics are loading much faster.

I love the overal design of your site, the colors are great, and it is adorable!

www.doodlebugsandbutterflies.com
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56

just because I am curious, what shopping cart software do you use?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by camismom View Post
just because I am curious, what shopping cart software do you use?
I use zencart.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42

I tried to download that the other day and could not get it to install...

Old 04-08-2009, 01:13
lestissusbows

Cute website! (and darling stuff too!) I have a suggestion, I noticed at the bottom you talk about your newsletter and interested people should email you, I use mail chimp for newsletter sign ups (it's free for up to 100 subscribers) they provide a sign up for that you can customize to match your site which helps a lot with branding. It's competively priced if you have over 100 subscribers too.
HTML Email Marketing from MailChimp

I also have a friend who is an excellent graphic designer, Ingrid Riley of
Cherry Tree Graphics
she might be able to help you with your changes.

Best of luck to you,
Heather
Sponsored Links