5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-29-2007, 01:28

Default headband instructions

Hi all,

I found this site yesterday and signed up today. So glad to have found ya'll.

I love the look of the woven headbands but I am hesitant to pay $7 for instructions. Do people feel that they are worth the money? And who is the favorite to buy from (in terms of customer service, good pictures, clear instructions for a newbie)?

I am a no sew crafter so I have shied away from headbands. But this ais a no sew way to add them to my repretiore (sic)

Also, where do people generally buy their plastic headbands from?

Thanks for all replies.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2007, 01:46

I would second that. Little Can of Beans is who I bought from. I also agree with Miranda...stick to the same colors in the instructions for the first one that you do. BE PATIENT! The first time, at least for me, I thought I'd pull my hair out. Once you get it, you get it and you can do them while watching TV, etc.

I have bought mine from the namegame since I ordered a lot. Good luck! They're easy and cute!

ISO: manners
Old 12-29-2007, 01:47

And, of course, welcome! I'm sure you'll love it here!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:34

Thanks. I bought the instructions and printed them out. But then realized that i had no headbands. So I ordered some from the same site. I wonder how long they take to ship?

I'm excited. My daugher who is 4 is not as interested in bows any longer (unless they are ballet bows) but likes headbands. I need a way to keep her long hair out of her face and she takes out ponytails.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Thanks. I bought the instructions and printed them out. But then realized that i had no headbands. So I ordered some from the same site. I wonder how long they take to ship?

I'm excited. My daugher who is 4 is not as interested in bows any longer (unless they are ballet bows) but likes headbands. I need a way to keep her long hair out of her face and she takes out ponytails.
I think you'll really get into doing these for her. You can make one for every outfit, lol! Maybe you'll have them before the weekend!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:10

Just remember that the first time making them is frustrating. I have both sets of headband instructions and favor the one by SewCute--she updated hers and sent me the updates months after I bought them...she also has a page that I printed that I follow each time that I make a headband...just incase I lose my place. Also,
check out WALMART for HEADBANDS...they are in the girls section in the center of the clothes where they hang purses and hair accessories, they are $1.97 for 6--they are 3/4 inch and are covered in a mesh sort of covering...I just cut that off. I really wanted to try these and didn't want to wait. I have since purchased 1 inch, and all are equally pretty--but if you don't want to wait--check out Wally World.
Cindy
Old 12-30-2007, 05:43

Quote:

If you got them from Ribbon Retreat, their shipping is very fast!!

http://www.allybugbowtique.com
Old 12-31-2007, 01:02

OK, I spent last night trying to get it right and I feel like I succeeded, although of course I still need practice. I just used ribbon that I had on hand.

Thanks for the tip about WalMart and headbands. I found them and just snipped off the webby stuff.

I also tried using a metallic lurex ribbon which is just under the 3/8 size. But I am having aheck of a time with it, I think it's b/c the texture is different than the grosgrain. I was able to get into a rythm w/the grosgrain but not w/this metallic.

Check out the pic I attached.

Last edited by Claire; 01-22-2008 at 10:31.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:16

Yea! You did it! I'd say your nailed it. I love the black and white one! You're right, once you get the rhythm/pattern down, it's easy.

I did one with some other kind of poly ribbon and grosgrain. It wasn't as easy. It tended to want to slip more. I also did one with some striped ribbon I had. I used the measurement with the instructions. But when I was near the end, I found I ran out of ribbon. I think the stripe may have been just under 3/8ths, so by the time I got to the end, it was too short Just using solid grosgrain, the measurements in the instructions worked fine.

Congrats and looking forward to seeing more of your pics!

Old 12-31-2007, 01:40

Quote:
OK, I spent last night trying to get it right and I feel like I succeeded, although of course I still need practice. I just used ribbon that I had on hand.

Thanks for the tip about WalMart and headbands. I found them and just snipped off the webby stuff.

I also tried using a metallic lurex ribbon which is just under the 3/8 size. But I am having aheck of a time with it, I think it's b/c the texture is different than the grosgrain. I was able to get into a rythm w/the grosgrain but not w/this metallic.

Check out the pic I attached.
Wow, they look great. I want to buy the instruction too, but I am waiting for next month because we already spent too much money this Christmas.

By the way, how did you snipped off the webby stuff to get clean breaks?

My online store:

Sponsored Links