New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-07-2009, 11:01

Default Re: Tissue Bow Raggity Bows - thread gone?

Same here. I was interested, but $15 for a tut is a bit too much for me. Oh well, back to trial and error.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:13

I feel the same way about the price. I purchased the spikey bow instructions and I was okay paying $4.00 for one instruction. I also purchased the 6 and 8 weave headband instructions, they were $9.99 for both. I think $4.00 to $5.00 is plenty for single instructions. I'm just a regular joe off the street, I don't write instructions or do anything like that so I really don't know what all is involved. I just know what I can afford and most of us don't make these hairbows because we have plenty of money.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26
lestissusbows

Quote:
most of us don't make these hairbows because we have plenty of money.
I feel exactly the same way which is why I tried very hard to come up with a completely unique and different idea, and worked very hard at perfecting it over 5 long years, building a reputation based on quality, creativity and originality.

I struggled for a long time on whether to sell my ideas or not, and I decided after much prayer & contemplation that I better write the instructions
(and share the RIGHT way to make my bows) before someone else did and claimed my ideas as their own. (I've seen that happen to several people in the design world over the last several years).

It took a very long time to write this 20+ page tutorial, many hours of writing/editing/photographing and testing/consulting with others to make sure my ebook is the BEST quality ebook with excellent instructions. I not only explain how to do it, I explain WHY I do it the way I do~this comes from years and years of trial and error, it includes clear and concise diagrams (hand drawn by me), a supplier list and variations on the bow (piggie bows, headbands, and large bows too) and I believe they are worth every penny. In my opinion, you can't put a price tag on an original idea.
I'm not here to try and convince anyone of why they are worth the money, or to get a pat on the back because it took so much work, Obviously, The choice to buy it is up to the individual, But that's just my 2 cents~lol.

For those of you that are still interested, but feel the price is too high, I'd like you to know that I'm working out a deal with the owner of this forum, to offer the instructions for download here, with a discount available for board members, it will also be available on "you can make this" and my etsy shop as well.

Wishing you all the very best,
thanks so much for your encouragements, support & friendship thus far,
Heather
Old 04-07-2009, 03:41

Personally, I ordered it. Never in a gazillion years would I have figured it out on my own. I like instructions that are clear, concise and have easy to see pictures. This set of instructions fits the bill. I think if you are looking to make a "Raggy Bow" like this one, you will need the instructions to do it. JMO though. I also have Wendy's instructions (hmmmmm...am I addicted??!!) and those are reat as well, but very different methods!
Shelley
Old 04-07-2009, 05:37

I've been following along with this thread and I've just got to say that Heather -- you are very gracious in how you are handling this! Your bows are awesome & you are so very right, those that decide to purchase your instructions really are paying for an original idea & your area of expertise in this particular hair bow. Kudos to you
Old 04-07-2009, 08:03
lestissusbows

Thank you. I'm happy to hear that you're a happy customer!!
That just MADE MY DAY!!!

Amanda, thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated a great deal.

I forgot to mention 10% of all purchases of my ebook goes to woundedwarriorsproject DOT org. (It says that in my etsy shop but I forgot to say that here). My brother was wounded in Iraq 3 yrs ago & nearly died, I'm just trying to give a little back to a great organization that helped him out a lot.

~Heather
Old 04-07-2009, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestissusbows View Post
Thank you. I'm happy to hear that you're a happy customer!!
That just MADE MY DAY!!!

Amanda, thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated a great deal.

I forgot to mention 10% of all purchases of my ebook goes to woundedwarriorsproject DOT org. (It says that in my etsy shop but I forgot to say that here). My brother was wounded in Iraq 3 yrs ago & nearly died, I'm just trying to give a little back to a great organization that helped him out a lot.

~Heather
That is so awesome!! What a great organization and yay for you for helping them by donating some of the proceeds!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:58

You know I was so exicited to see the instructions for this bow that I paid the $15.00 b/c in the long run it will save me time. It is so easy and I would have never have thought about the way this is created. Heather thank you for making the ebook and sharing your instructions.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:09
lestissusbows

You're very welcome! and I'm happy that you're happy with it!
I've talked to Michelle about offering them here on hipgirl and we're going to go ahead with it. After it's all set up, there will be a special forum for anyone who purchases the instructions, and that way we can give each other ideas, tips and helps too along the way. Who knows, I might even pick up a new tip along the way!
~Heather
Old 04-08-2009, 12:30

Thank you Heather I can't wait!

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.