http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-01-2009, 03:58

Default Re: Tissue Bow Raggity Bows - thread gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychic View Post
Thanks!! I bet you could throw some tulle in there to make it fuller and to match tutus I'm gonna put a pair on some flip flops tonight and see how it turns out ** fingers crossed**
yep you can wrap tulle in there too! works the same only you don't have to trim it as much...lol
when you wrap it just don't wrap it too tight- because it will be hard to cut off the cardboard circles...

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32

Brilliant! I've got so much fabric wasting away. I might try this too.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17

Ok so I couldn't wait so as soon as I got home I had to attempt to make one. Excuse the red eyes I didn't take the time to fix them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Small pic of fluff.jpg (68.3 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Erin fluff.jpg (31.3 KB, 224 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42

How do you think it would work to use half a circle instead of the full cardboard circle? That way you wouldn't have to flatten the bottom and it may be easier to cut the layers. I haven't had time to try one tonight, so tomorrow it is! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmom View Post
I make these and I only use maybe a yard of fabric give or take 1 1/2 inch wide? When you make them for hairbows you don't make them as full because you have to flatten the bottom...
I put them on flat backs for tote bags and bucket hats.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymidge View Post
Ok so I couldn't wait so as soon as I got home I had to attempt to make one. Excuse the red eyes I didn't take the time to fix them
cutie patootie! well except the red eyes...LOL
seriously it looks good!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:53

Precious!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychic View Post
How do you think it would work to use half a circle instead of the full cardboard circle? That way you wouldn't have to flatten the bottom and it may be easier to cut the layers. I haven't had time to try one tonight, so tomorrow it is! LOL!
I have not tried that....so let me know

Old 04-02-2009, 02:11

So, am I getting that you cut with regular scissors first and then trim with the pinking shears after it is tied. That seems like a lot of work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmom View Post
I really just make them like a pom pom...I cut the strips of 2 different colors of material- about a yard long of each color...I add ribbon sometimes...Like this bow- I added 2 colors of ribbon about a yard of each...then I cut it and tie it...then you have to use pinking shears to trim the top of material, and cut and seal the ribbon ends...it takes a few to do this and get it to look right- then I flatten the bottom (whichever end looks worse...LOL) and attach it to a clip or flatback.
I don't know if that is how you guys are talking about doing them? but this is the way my mom use to make them- over 30 years ago....LOL cuz I wore them!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:44
lestissusbows

Thanks again for the compliments, you guys made my day!! Like I said on the other thread that was deleted, I'm new to this forum and am the maker of the raggie bows found on my website & etsy shop.

I don't know you guys yet, but I'm happy to be a part of this board, and meet other fellow creative girlies. I'm a WAHM with 3 kids at home as well as a brother who was injured in Iraq 3 years ago, someone always has tulle bits or fabric scraps stuck to their socks in our house! LOL! I'm sooo not interested in being a part of any drama, I'm just here to make a few friends & network.

Just FYI, for those that are interested, my ebook is in testing phase right now and should be ready for sale in just a few days. I'll let anyone who is interested in purchasing the tutorial know where & how it's available asap. They are quite a lot of work, but I'm such a fabric addict and ribbon collector that I can't stop! LOL!!

Thanks~
Heather
Old 04-03-2009, 09:04

Great I can't wait! Will you post here when it is ready?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestissusbows View Post
Thanks again for the compliments, you guys made my day!! Like I said on the other thread that was deleted, I'm new to this forum and am the maker of the raggie bows found on my website & etsy shop.

I don't know you guys yet, but I'm happy to be a part of this board, and meet other fellow creative girlies. I'm a WAHM with 3 kids at home as well as a brother who was injured in Iraq 3 years ago, someone always has tulle bits or fabric scraps stuck to their socks in our house! LOL! I'm sooo not interested in being a part of any drama, I'm just here to make a few friends & network.

Just FYI, for those that are interested, my ebook is in testing phase right now and should be ready for sale in just a few days. I'll let anyone who is interested in purchasing the tutorial know where & how it's available asap. They are quite a lot of work, but I'm such a fabric addict and ribbon collector that I can't stop! LOL!!

Thanks~
Heather
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif