New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-01-2009, 04:32

Talking Re: Tissue Bow Raggity Bows - thread gone?

This is hilarious! I remember these too...it was like "No Grandma, not another one! Everything old is new again!!
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2009, 02:29

Default Re: Tissue Bow Raggity Bows - thread gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgarrido View Post
I just found in my old craft books a hairbow book that I bought 20 years ago at a now closed Piece Goods store that has this same exact bow instructions in it. It's not something that has not been made or been on the market before now.

What is the name of this book if you would share? I have heard other loopies talk about some of the old bow making books and how tings are coming back in style again. Just like the candy bows.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansnana View Post
What is the name of this book if you would share? I have heard other loopies talk about some of the old bow making books and how tings are coming back in style again. Just like the candy bows.
Please Don't post that on here if you to have pm. Heather is selling the instructions on here and it would be wrong to hurt her sales. It don't even know her but I still know that is rude.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:33

I originally posted about the old book, and have now purchased Heather's Raggie Bow instructions also. Believe me they are nothing alike. The old instruction books are from back in the mid 80's, very interesting, but not something anyone can go and pick up at the craft store anymore. Sorry, but all those instructions are copy writed, so there's no way I would share them.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansnana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
Please Don't post that on here if you to have pm. Heather is selling the instructions on here and it would be wrong to hurt her sales. It don't even know her but I still know that is rude.
Personally, I don't see anything rude about this post. This thread was originally posted with the intentions of trying to figure out how to make the "raggie bow" on our own without instructions. Unfortunately, some people don't have $12 or $15 to spend or even want to spend that kind of money on instructions. Not to say that they aren't worth it (because I've heard all good things), but I am not one who prefers to pay for instructions. I would rather try to figure it out myself first. Then, if I am not satisfied, I will decide on purchasing them.

There is absolutely nothing rude or wrong with trying to figure out how to make a bow that you've seen and discussing it here. I thought this was the whole purpose of this category "How to make...." not how to sell your instructions. That's a different category.

You even mentioned in another forum, a word of advice discussing the same "raggie bow" and I quote:

"To be honest I would just wait, almost every instruction I have made and sold has been posted on someones blog, website etc so they can get more sales. Sooner or later someone will re-make the instructions and post them for free that is just what happens these days."

Now, why say that there and call someone rude for trying to figure it out?

Not to start mess, because I like you Heather, but really?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbabb View Post
Personally, I don't see anything rude about this post. This thread was originally posted with the intentions of trying to figure out how to make the "raggie bow" on our own without instructions. Unfortunately, some people don't have $12 or $15 to spend or even want to spend that kind of money on instructions. Not to say that they aren't worth it (because I've heard all good things), but I am not one who prefers to pay for instructions. I would rather try to figure it out myself first. Then, if I am not satisfied, I will decide on purchasing them.

There is absolutely nothing rude or wrong with trying to figure out how to make a bow that you've seen and discussing it here. I thought this was the whole purpose of this category "How to make...." not how to sell your instructions. That's a different category.

You even mentioned in another forum, a word of advice discussing the same "raggie bow" and I quote:

"To be honest I would just wait, almost every instruction I have made and sold has been posted on someones blog, website etc so they can get more sales. Sooner or later someone will re-make the instructions and post them for free that is just what happens these days."

Now, why say that there and call someone rude for trying to figure it out?

Not to start mess, because I like you Heather, but really?

AGREED 100%. Creativekiddos changes her view on this type of thing depending on which board she is on and what end of the deal she is getting. One minute she is scrutonizing someone for asking for instructions and the next minute she is telling people how to make something from someone elses paid instructions. One minute she is trying to find a wholesale supplier of something and the next minute she is telling people they should not post wholesale suppliers publically. I could post a dozen threads where she has been hipocritical. If most of the threads didnt blow up in a huge fight and get deleted you all could research that she is not new to this game and has been the common denominator to ALOT of trouble here.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:08
lestissusbows

Well, I can tell you the way *I* create my raggie bows, they are unique and new, the bows in your book, may look similar, but they're not raggie bows. If you want bows that look like mine (in my pictures) then you need the original and unique instructions from the original designer, me LOL.
~Heather
Old 06-15-2009, 12:17
lestissusbows

and I'd just like to add...save the drama for your mama. I don't care to entertain any of it. I don't have time, nor the interest in any of it. I've been nothing but nice, polite, professional and if you want to buy my instructions, please do and If you don't want to buy them, don't. It's that simple.

I'm above the drama. I don't participate in any other forums, so if you're talking about me, you're mistaken 100%.
I truly appreciate all of the nice people on this forum and elsewhere who have had kind things to say to me and about my instructions.I love making my bows, love my customers, love most of the people I have met in the design world, and am just minding my own business, offering a service to those who like my bows to teach them how to make them, that's it. I don't want any problems. Life is too short to be hating on people.

Have a nice night, and let's share the love, shall we?
~Heather

Last edited by lestissusbows; 06-15-2009 at 12:20.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:16

I don't tell people how to make anything from someone's paid instruction.
I have not bought any hair bow instructions in a long time I think lynn's rose bow was the last one I bought.
I made my comment about waiting on the instructions to come out free since it was so clear that people were trying to figure out how to make it right now and talk about it right here. Heather's main profit comes from the first 30 days or less of when the book comes out.

Yes people take paid instructions and post them for free, several people have done it to me, and a big handful of members on this board. People post re-makes of other peoples instructions on there websites, blogs, utube etc. just to get more sales. The instructions on my website are mine, I could make tons of instructions that were not mine if I wanted to just to increase traffic to my website but I do not. I could supply a list for you of several websites that have instruction on them both free and paid that some else made first that they re-made. YOUR COMMENT AMY WAS UNCALLED FOR. No wonder I have not been posting on here much for the last 6 months. People jump all over you for every little thing. No more comments from me. You can insult all you like, I won't be part of any more drama, that is why I left in the first place. Take care I am off to kiss my kids and go to bed.

Last edited by creativekiddos; 06-15-2009 at 01:43.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:17

lestissusbows...Amy wasnt meaning you...I believe she was talking about Heather aka Crativekidos.

You both have the same names.
Sponsored Links