New products--self adhesive shipping labels--paypal, ups, usps
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/double-ruffle-3.5-pinwheel-clip-preal-pink.jpg

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Braided HB base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-28-2009, 02:47

Default Pixie Cut Tutu?

Does anyone know how to make one? I already know how to make tutus. I just want to know you do you get the differing lengths and v cut on the end....Please, I need to start on this tonight if possible....

April
Sponsored Links
http://hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/Ad for Hipgirls RevA.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:38

Default Re: Pixie Cut Tutu?

I don't know exactly what youre talking about, but it sounds like you would just cut tulle of differing lengths and alternate it around the elastic, and for the angle cut, you would just cut the end at an angle (or in the V) instead of straight across - which would probably be easier to do after you cut the straight initial cut, so I would leave a little extra length for that.

www.doodlebugsandbutterflies.com
Old 03-28-2009, 06:01

I've done it, pretty sure I posted pics of it too. Maybe a search and you could find my pics. Anyway, here's how I did it.

I cut two lengths of tulle, I think they were 4 inches difference (i.e. cut 24" lengths and 20" lengths - I'm just throwing numbers out here.). Cut the v-cut on all ends. Tie on a long strip with the slip-knot method, but stagger the ends by an inch or so, that way you will have 2 different lengths, as in, the 24" strip will have one strip of 13" and one strip of 11" from the one strip you just tied on. Now, take one of the shorter strips, you're going to tie this one with a square knot around the tulle strip you just tied on, you're not tying it around the elastic. Slip one end inbetween the tulle and the elastic, stagger the ends and tie the square knot. This way you end up with 4 lengths of tulle coming from the one spot on the elastic.

Boy, that's tough to explain. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:22

I don't know why I just read all of that since I'm not interested in making them. But the directions do sound very clear and easy. I love the pixie tutus! They are so cute!!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:06

I did see your tutu when I seached (very cute by the way), but there weren't any instructions. These were super clear! Thank you so much!

April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2 View Post
I've done it, pretty sure I posted pics of it too. Maybe a search and you could find my pics. Anyway, here's how I did it.

I cut two lengths of tulle, I think they were 4 inches difference (i.e. cut 24" lengths and 20" lengths - I'm just throwing numbers out here.). Cut the v-cut on all ends. Tie on a long strip with the slip-knot method, but stagger the ends by an inch or so, that way you will have 2 different lengths, as in, the 24" strip will have one strip of 13" and one strip of 11" from the one strip you just tied on. Now, take one of the shorter strips, you're going to tie this one with a square knot around the tulle strip you just tied on, you're not tying it around the elastic. Slip one end inbetween the tulle and the elastic, stagger the ends and tie the square knot. This way you end up with 4 lengths of tulle coming from the one spot on the elastic.

Boy, that's tough to explain. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:09

This i found in etsy!No directions but pictures. Never heard abt pixie cut before! Real cute.

Etsy :: tiarastutus :: YOU DESIGN - 14.5 inch Pixie Cut Tutu - Custom Tutu - you pick colors
Old 09-18-2010, 01:33

mark.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:35

Its not listed in etsy anymore. The directions were very clear!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:10

thanks for the directions totally clear!! )

Crinkleberry Creations
Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting