New product--flat back resin
ecommerce web hosting
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-27-2009, 10:43
Default How Do You Make These?

i would love to learn how to make these fancy layered bows. any free easy instructions?

Hand made hair bows, clippies and more! | - Big Girl Layered Harley Davidson Bow

HOW TO MAKE PRO BOUTIQUE HAIR BOW INSTRUCTIONS DVD CD-R - eBay (item 260371808469 end time Apr-03-09 11:46:16 PDT)

if no one has free instructions, i guess i will buy the one on ebay, but it doesnt hurt to ask first
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 02:11
Default Re: How Do You Make These?

Personally, I wouldn't buy those particular instructions. You can find lots of free ones online! To make the boutique part of the bow-- To make the spikes:Free Instructions: Loopy Surround-a-Bow Surrounds Surround

Last edited by hairproductjunkie; 03-31-2009 at 07:45.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:58

Oh man that bow was so tough for me to make, lol.

I went and looked at the instructions you posted the link too and they look amazing. She offers alot of different things, so if you did want to buy instructions I would say to buy those. I'm even thinking about buying those, lol.

There are alot of free instructions out there, however, I think buying them is better than searching for them all over the internet. I've already bought 2 different instructions which come out pretty expensive and the ladies on ebay that you posted seem great. Though I would ask her questions before I bought them to make sure its not too good to be true.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:39

I looked at the titles of that dvd and most, if not all of that you can find for free just by googling. And actually, many of those are on THIS website for free! HipGirls has a whole section of free instruction.

I suppose some would rather pay, than do any searching, but they are not hard to find.

As to the original question, there is a base boutique bow, alot of spikes, a top twisted boutique bow and then a bottle cap. And I KNOW that those can all be found on this website!!

Support Hand-Crafted not Factory-Crafted
Old 03-28-2009, 10:13

I bought these instructions a couple of years ago for under $5 on ebay. It was just the pdf files though, not the disc that she's selling now. These are the only instructions that I've ever purchased for bow making -- and probably why I haven't purchased any since. They're not great. Her instructions didn't seem very professionally worded, some of the pdf pages were out of order and very confusing to piece together. She sent a bunch of spam "extras" which I didn't like -- like advertisements trying to sell more "how to packages" on make money by creating your own ebooks, etc.

It did have some useful stuff in it, and for $5, it was worth my trouble, but I don't recommend it, especially for the price she now charges.

If I were going to buy instructions again, I would stick to something that also comes with templates. Since most folding techniques are available for free on the web. Roni's "butterfly" fold is just a boutique bow -- and there are lots of free instructions for that. In fact, I find Roni's way of folding it much more complicated than the free instructions (esp. the pin in the middle version, that makes it soo much easier).

HTH, of course, this is just my own experience, I'm sure that many have her instructions and love them. If I were going to buy instructions, I think I'd get the Brilliant Bowmaker -- you get templates and a printed book!!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:31

hmm okay thank you. i must of check out every free site that came up when i googled how to make bows, bow making, etc. but i would like to find one on layering multiple kinds of bows to get a finished bow like the one i posted. but, i will hold off and think about buying instructions on ebay, and keep searching. thank you
Sponsored Links for Hipgirls RevA.