New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-26-2009, 02:45

Default Question for toggle ribbon headband makers

Hi,
OK, on Monday I spent hours looking for suggestions of new things to make on here and the toggle headbands peaked my interest. I ordered toggles from the scrubs lady and they came today! I only ordered 40 because I didn't know what I was doing. Now I need more! I'm totally hooked on making them. I hope they sell! (or else we'll have lots to give as gifts!) I have an event at the local "Super Suppers" tonight then an open house on Sunday.

Anyway, do you make them different lengths or all the same length? I read on here that 28" is a good length, but would that be for adults or kids? There is a big different between my head and my 3 year old's!

As always, thanks for your help!
Amy
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-26-2009, 02:54

Default Re: Question for toggle ribbon headband makers

I have a gigantic head and I can wear 28 inches....LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniortrooper View Post
Hi,
OK, on Monday I spent hours looking for suggestions of new things to make on here and the toggle headbands peaked my interest. I ordered toggles from the scrubs lady and they came today! I only ordered 40 because I didn't know what I was doing. Now I need more! I'm totally hooked on making them. I hope they sell! (or else we'll have lots to give as gifts!) I have an event at the local "Super Suppers" tonight then an open house on Sunday.

Anyway, do you make them different lengths or all the same length? I read on here that 28" is a good length, but would that be for adults or kids? There is a big different between my head and my 3 year old's!

As always, thanks for your help!
Amy
Old 03-26-2009, 02:56

I cut mine 30' for both children and adults.
Jackie
Old 03-26-2009, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynetyne View Post
I cut mine 30' for both children and adults.
Jackie

Me too!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:08

I cut mine around 28-30". Have you measured your dd's head compared to yours? I know my kids both have huge heads, but my 2 year old son's head is bigger than Brynn's and mine is not much bigger than his, so we can all wear the same size! I think Jase's head is only like 3-4cm's smaller than mine!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41

I make mine 28" - 30". You know, member polychic has a thread where she shows a pic of a toggle HB that is 48" long. The model has it tied as a bow in the back of a ponytail. I tried it and gave some to my niece as a gift and she LOVED it.
I think you can make them varying lengths, but I wouldn't recommend any shorter than 28"...JMO.
I'm sure if you pm her, she will show post the pics.

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Old 03-26-2009, 03:47

Thank you all! I just trimmed mine because the tails were getting annoying to me, but cute idea with the bow tied with the tails.

I'm off to try to sell some now!
Wish me luck!

Amy
Old 03-26-2009, 04:01

So I have a Q? How do I keep this on my head??? I put it on, totally cute, but as soon as I smile my headmoves...lol...and it slides right off.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTKakes View Post
So I have a Q? How do I keep this on my head??? I put it on, totally cute, but as soon as I smile my headmoves...lol...and it slides right off.

Are you using the toggles from the scrub hat lady??? I bought some of the one hole toggles from walmart to give idea a test run and those just slipped right out of my head...I thought I had that 'funny shaped head' that some of the other ladies were talking about, but then I ordered the toggles from the scrub hat lady and these stay in my head .
Old 03-26-2009, 07:58

mine doesn't stay on too, and my girls, the moment they get active it slips right off. i thought it was just us, so i asked a lady at mcdonalds if i could try it on her girls, within 10 mins in the play structure it slipped out. i ordered from the scrub lady and those are the toggles i use, i even used the walmart brand too, but they are navy blue. same thing slipped right off, i think it depends on the head, or if you head lays flat in the back like mine. i just think some people have more luck than others.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies