Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-25-2009, 03:12

Default How to attach bows to headbands

I did a search and cant find the info...I want to attach my boutique bows made form 7/8 grosgrain to elastic crochet headbands but I am not sure how to attach them securely.

Thanks girls!

Last edited by phatycake; 03-25-2009 at 03:35. Reason: Elaborating
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:16

Default Re: How to attach bows to headbands

Elaborate please . Nylon, crochet, fabric, grosgrain woven, skinny plastic? Each has its own different method for attaching bows.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
Elaborate please . Nylon, crochet, fabric, grosgrain woven, skinny plastic? Each has its own different method for attaching bows.

HA-HA!! Sorry, I want to attach my boutique bows made form 7/8 grosgrain to elastic crochet headbands. Tee hee

Old 03-25-2009, 03:49

I cinch & tie off my headband to make a narrow spot, cinch & tie off my bow, stitch it to the headband, then attach my ribbon center over the bow and around the back of the headband, just like I would a clip. I hope I worded that so it makes sense.

In my experience though, customers prefer to have the headband interchangeable. They buy the headband and the alligator pinch clip mounted bows separately and just clip it through the holes of the weave. (you probably already knew that, but I included it for other newbies that may be reading this thread down the line...)

Shelley

Old 03-25-2009, 04:06

Oh I see!! Thanks so much for your help. I guess my question is how do you attach a double pronged alligator clip to a boutique bow. I mean I know how, but wouldn't the end of the bow kinda alter the look of the bow? Do you have any examples? Cause my bows are pretty big and I just don't see a alligator clip being secure enough.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:03

You know, I've only had one customer request a french clip. Everyone else wants the alligator pinch clips with the gripper. I've never had anyone complain about them slipping off the band. Another idea if you're worried about it is hot gluing a loop of 3/8 grosgrain around your cinched, narrow spot on your band for you to clip the bows on. It may be a bit more secure. French clips may work that way too actually...

Are you worried about seeing the clip? I would think it would be no different than if you clipped it in hair. What do you mean?

Old 03-25-2009, 05:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
You know, I've only had one customer request a french clip. Everyone else wants the alligator pinch clips with the gripper. I've never had anyone complain about them slipping off the band. Another idea if you're worried about it is hot gluing a loop of 3/8 grosgrain around your cinched, narrow spot on your band for you to clip the bows on. It may be a bit more secure. French clips may work that way too actually...

Are you worried about seeing the clip? I would think it would be no different than if you clipped it in hair. What do you mean?
Oh, I see...what size of alligator clip would you use for a 3-4 inch bow? Just thought that when it comes to adding a clip to hair, the french barrette was more secure. Then again I have never had my daughter wear a alligator clip with or without a gripper.

So just line the alligator clip with ribbon then add it to a boutique bow just as you would with a french barrette, then add a gripper?

Where would I buy quality grippers at?

Thanks for all your help, you rock & deserve a cookie!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:31

Mmmmmm. Cookies!

I just use a regular alligator clip. The kind you can get at Sally's Beauty supply (if you're in the states). For the nonslip grippers, I use a thin strip of makeup sponge. HOWEVER, I am so tempted to use the Duck carpet hold-it tape that people on here are raving about. Do a search for it if you're interested!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatycake View Post
I did a search and cant find the info...I want to attach my boutique bows made form 7/8 grosgrain to elastic crochet headbands but I am not sure how to attach them securely.

Thanks girls!
Same here. I'm trying to figure that out myself. I've been told to use E6000, but how? Especially with a loopy bow.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
DB
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif