http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-24-2007, 05:40

Question Does anyone know how to make Woven Headbands?

My little girl is totally into headbands right now, so I wanted to make some for her. I already made a couple using the braids style. I also want to make some with dimond and zigzic design (so that she is not always wearing the same style headbands ) . Does anyone know how to make them & can help me out with the instructions?

Thank you in advance.

My online store:

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-24-2007, 07:11

I bought the instructions at theribbonretreat.com for like $7 and they were totally worth it.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:52

if you go to Heather's website, creativekiddos.com and click on her link to You Can Make This (youcanmakethis.com) it will take you to their website. The same instructions are there, they are made by Little Can of Beans. I bought them as well. (Heather will get credit if you go through her website and you make a purchase.)

So far as I know there are no free instructions out there yet. But you won't regret it! (Well, only maybe while you make the first one, lol! Then it'll be really quite easy!)

ISO: manners
Old 12-24-2007, 11:42

This was posted by Theresa Ard in Friendlyhairbowmakers a while back.

Not Mine~Partial msg was this:

These are not instruction for headbands exactly, but it teaches you how to do the weave/braid, and then you can adapt it to the headband.

For the 1st type, for the 1/2" headband, I used 4 ribbons that were approx 25" long. To get the different patterns, you just have to change where you place which color.
Diamondback Ribbon Weaving Instructions

For the 2nd type, I worked off the spools, so I'm not sure how much I used, but it was at least over 56", b/c I cut some ribbon to that length for practice and it wasn't long enough to cover the headband. In order to get the 4 color pattern, instead of using 1 ribbon on each side, I overlapped 2, on each side.

How to Weave a Military Braid Ribbon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hv both paid instructions, the first 2 that came out.

But, Devon also added/updated her instructions AND she has a Princess Cinderella clippy instruction that comes with it. Totally lovely and worth it!! Here's her link: ON SALE Woven Headband Instructions 6 patterns Sew Cute - (eBay item 160192022235 end time Dec-26-07 13:51:28 PST)

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:31

Thank you for all of your responses.

I can't really justify spending more money right now, you know how it is with the holiday spending. But I will totally get the instruction through Heather's site and also get my order in with Michelle next month.

My online store:

Old 12-24-2007, 07:28
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
This was posted by Theresa Ard in Friendlyhairbowmakers a while back.

Not Mine~Partial msg was this:

These are not instruction for headbands exactly, but it teaches you how to do the weave/braid, and then you can adapt it to the headband.

For the 1st type, for the 1/2" headband, I used 4 ribbons that were approx 25" long. To get the different patterns, you just have to change where you place which color.

For the 2nd type, I worked off the spools, so I'm not sure how much I used, but it was at least over 56", b/c I cut some ribbon to that length for practice and it wasn't long enough to cover the headband. In order to get the 4 color pattern, instead of using 1 ribbon on each side, I overlapped 2, on each side.

How to Weave a Military Braid Ribbon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hv both paid instructions, the first 2 that came out.

But, Devon also added/updated her instructions AND she has a Princess Cinderella clippy instruction that comes with it. Totally lovely and worth it!! Here's her link: ON SALE Woven Headband Instructions 6 patterns Sew Cute - (eBay item 160192022235 end time Dec-26-07 13:51:28 PST)

yesterday, I tried woven headband using this instruction and it worked.

The instruction uses 2 different color ribbons. I followed the instruction and was able to make one (like the pink/black headband in Amanda's picture below)

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...headbands.html

You can use 4 colors, same technique.

I think the $7 instruction come with a lot of patterns though.

Michelle
Old 12-25-2007, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymaldonado View Post
Thank you for all of your responses.

I can't really justify spending more money right now, you know how it is with the holiday spending. But I will totally get the instruction through Heather's site and also get my order in with Michelle next month.
hi girl,..it just dawn on me...if you join this Group: freehairbows : Free Hair Bow Instructions You'd be surprised what they hv in the Group Files...

It's free to join but it takes awhile to get approved but, they're friendly girls in there.

hth...

p/s: It saves money as well until you're ready to purchase instructions...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:29

I bought the 7 buck instructions and received them lickity-split. OH boy, making headbands makes my head spin though. WOOOO this is definately a learned skill that I'll have to practice.

The instructions were well-worth the price.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:05

For those who brough the instruction, I was wondering if you can tell me how many patterns it came with (you know, so I can justify the cost with my hubby )

My online store:

Old 12-25-2007, 10:08

Jen- I don't know how to answer that particularly. I guess it's 1 pattern but many different twists that give you different looks. They tell you how to get the zig-zag, diagonal stripes, checks, etc. It's several different looks that they tell you how to achieve.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg