http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-19-2009, 12:24

Default Flower headbands

I think I know the gist of how to make these... but was wondering if anyone had some tips. I'm going to try my hand at it tomorrow and need to get some flowers and rhinestones. I can't seem to find instructions, but I'm guessing all I need to do is take apart the flower and glue it back minus the plastic pieces and cover the hole with a rhinestone?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02

Default Re: Flower headbands

Yeah, that's essentially how it's done. Here's how I do it:

-Take apart a few flowers, and toss the center, stems, and flowers
-Start layering and keep going til I'm happy (sometimes I'll combine petals from a few flowers to get a really full flower)
-Sew or glue the layers together
-Glue on your rhinestone
-Glue the flower to a lined clippy or sew onto the hat
Old 03-19-2009, 12:08

I am a newbie but have started making these flowers. One thing I would suggest (and maybe this is totally obvious, but in case it's not....), is when you are gluing the next flower layer on, turn it so that the petals DON'T line up with the previous one--it makes your flower poufier (is that a word?) so that it's more full. Lay down your first one, put some glue on, then the next one, make sure the petals from the 2nd layer lay in between the small space between the petals on the first layer. Does that even make sense??? It's hard to explain. LMK if this helps or not--I could take some quick pictures today if you'd like

Good luck, they are SOOOOOo fun!!! I am now addicted---everywhere I go, I go check out their silk flower selection
Old 03-19-2009, 07:17

Thanks... I got some Gerber daisies today... what other flowers do you girls use? I'd love to see pics!!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl77 View Post
Thanks... I got some Gerber daisies today... what other flowers do you girls use? I'd love to see pics!!
Here's some of the ones I've done recently. They are really fun to make! I do mostly gerbera daisies and peonies.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:20

I have TONS of pics in my ESTY shop..... :0)

Old 03-19-2009, 10:19

Those are gorgeous! Where do you get your flowers? I got mine at Hobby Lobby and I got 15 mm crystals... but I'm thinking maybe they are too small. What size crystals to you get?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJessica View Post
Here's some of the ones I've done recently. They are really fun to make! I do mostly gerbera daisies and peonies.
Those are sooo pretty!
I love making flower clippies! I agree about the criss-crossing too. The second level should alternate in the space left from the first level. I don't know if that makes sense, lol.

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Old 03-20-2009, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJessica View Post

These are SO dang cute!!! LOVE them!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:04

I, too, always look for new flowers, or how to mix and match them. I have also done some with covered buttons or personalized bottlecaps in the centers! Those are fun too!

Question: when you ladies sell at shows, do you sell the headband already with the flower as a set?? I am thinking that is what I should do at my next show and then put them together on a card for like $7???? I tried selling the flowers separately, but people didn't know what to do with them. Riught now I have a bunch of beanie caps woven with a ribbon and then have a flower clip and a 4" bow with it and will ask $20? I am hoping I can move some for Spring!
Shelley
Sponsored Links