ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

New To Forum? Please check this out:

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-20-2009, 02:09
Default Re: Flower headbands

Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
I, too, always look for new flowers, or how to mix and match them. I have also done some with covered buttons or personalized bottlecaps in the centers! Those are fun too!

Question: when you ladies sell at shows, do you sell the headband already with the flower as a set?? I am thinking that is what I should do at my next show and then put them together on a card for like $7???? I tried selling the flowers separately, but people didn't know what to do with them. Riught now I have a bunch of beanie caps woven with a ribbon and then have a flower clip and a 4" bow with it and will ask $20? I am hoping I can move some for Spring!

I'd sell both. I bought one before they were popular and paid freaking $30 for a crochet beanie and flower. I blame the craziness on the pregnancy hormones, because any other time I would have told the boutique owner she was nuts for charging so much! What about putting up a picture next to the individual clippies so they know how to use them? The seperate flowers are great for bigger girls too, and are popular with the girls that dress in retro clothes. I think they call them pinup flowers.
Please visit my Zazzle and Etsy shops!

Last edited by luvsfordpower; 03-20-2009 at 02:15. Reason: entered wrong price...oops!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 01:04
Default Re: Flower headbands

Okay, I have been wanting to make these as well. You guys are saying that basically all I have to do is go to Walmart and buy some different silk flowers, take them apart and then glue more layers together to make it full and put a rhinestone in the center? That seems so easy, not at all what I was expecting! Then attach to a clip-lined alligator I guess?

When I found this website, all I made was korkers. Now have made so many different clips and bows, and my korkers look ten times better than before. Thanks so much!
blessed with 4 angels to love!
Sponsored Links