Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-18-2009, 11:43

Default snap clip question

Hey there! I'm very new to clippy and bow making and have just joined this forum not too long ago. But I had a question... I've made a few snap clips for my daughter, currently they are not lined with any non-slip grip material... and I'm not really sure if it needs it yet, as no clip has stayed in that child's hair more then an hour before she takes it out (which I'm pretty sure no non-slip would prevent)
Anyway... I was just wondering if you girls put non-slip in the snap clips? (like should I just not bother) I figured velvet (is that it?) wouldn't get in the way of the clip, but I've never used that in any clips... but I was wondering if the silicone stuff would get in the way of the clip?
Thanks for your help :-)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19

Default Re: snap clip question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteNikole View Post
Hey there! I'm very new to clippy and bow making and have just joined this forum not too long ago. But I had a question... I've made a few snap clips for my daughter, currently they are not lined with any non-slip grip material... and I'm not really sure if it needs it yet, as no clip has stayed in that child's hair more then an hour before she takes it out (which I'm pretty sure no non-slip would prevent)
Anyway... I was just wondering if you girls put non-slip in the snap clips? (like should I just not bother) I figured velvet (is that it?) wouldn't get in the way of the clip, but I've never used that in any clips... but I was wondering if the silicone stuff would get in the way of the clip?
Thanks for your help :-)
My extremely active daughter had a non-slip snap clip in her hair yesterday and it stayed the whole day, I kid you not! I use duck tape hold it to line the top part of the snap clip. Best stuff I have ever bought. As for selling, you would just ask the customer if they want it in it or not. I have no idea about velvet or silicone stuff for snap clip. Sorry I couldnt help with that part of the question.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19

There are LOTS of ways to do this. If you use non-slip on your clips, you put it on the top part of the clip so that when the clip is open, the bottom part easily slides into the child's hair. There is a tute using aquarium sealer here that has been popular: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/cleve...ip-grip-5.html

If you scroll down to the 4th posting on this page by member jenndga, she has a tutorial on how to do it. Other people just line their clip with hot glue. I am still awaiting my hubby's next paycheck and then I am going to get member Wendy's tutorial that has OUTSTANDING reviews on it. You can find her tutorial for purchase here: Etsy :: punkynmunky :: How To Make A Silicone No Slip Grip For Hair Bows,Clips, and Headbands

I have read others that use shelf liner, but recently it seems more people have been less than thrilled with the results. HTH!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:57

how do you attach the shelf liner to a snap clip? would you have to line it with ribbon first? my middle daughter WILL NOT for the life of her leave ANYTHING in her hair!!!!!! and i've found that snap clips last a little longer on her and it would be great if they also had no slip (i use shelf liner because cannot by instructions yet $$) but i've never lined the snap clips.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58

The only thing with the shelf liner or any of the other items you have to glue on, is you will want the snap clip to not have any space on the top part of the clip, otherwise you'd see the shelf liner. Which wouldn't look so great So depending on how you line your snap clip, this may or may not work for you. If the snap clip is solidly covered on top, you can just hot glue the shelf liner or whatever to the top of the clip. The problem with lining the bottom of the clip is obviously that it will get caught in the child's hair and not slip in the hair w/o pulling on it. You could also try lining w/ hot glue, or else get some of the aquarium sealer and try that. HTH
Old 03-20-2009, 12:48

I use the duck brand Hold it carpet tape without problem. Baby snap clips are one of my specialty and I've never had a proble. I baiscally line the clip in ribbon and then cut a small piece and glue it to the inside top. Haven't had a clip slip out yet.

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 03-25-2009, 12:51

Thanks ladies! Super helpful :-) I don't sell clips... just for my daughter, and I'm working on some for my nieces :-) I'll try it and see... my daughter is terribly good at getting clips out of her hair though (like pulling them out on purpose, not falling out) So right now I'm just working on keeping her little hands off them! Ug!
Sponsored Links