Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-14-2009, 09:27

Default Re: How to Make a Butterfly out of Scraps

I have to tell you that i made 2 of them! I don't have any wide grosgrain so i used organza and i was just playing around so i put a real thin pink satin around the centre and put 2 swarovski rhinestones on the wings. They turned out FABULOUS!!!!!!! My computer is on the blink at the moment so when it's fixed i'll post the pics. I made a soother clip today as well. I'm going to share it as soon as i can get the pictures up. I'm excited to share because i'm never very creative so when i do have my own little idea i want everyone to know about it......LOL

Maeve
Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2009, 09:42

Thanks for sharing! I am going to try to make one of these for mt dd's silent auction next weekend.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:57

I was thinking, you could probably use a ton of different stuff for the body. Pipe cleaner like with crocheted butterflies, just wrap and twist then shape the antennas or thread some colorful beads and sew through the creases to secure them to the wings. I think I will try these out and see how they look. Please post your butterflies here that you made with these instructions. I'd love to see them.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:26

I made two of these today. One just like the brown and pink one and one that I made from 2 pieces of 7/8 ribbon. It turned of so cute. A little smaller for my niece who is 6 mo. and I attached it to a piece of stretchy lace stuff (I don't know what it is really called). I love it. These are so easy to make. Your instructions were great. Thanks so much. I would post a picture of the ones I made but I lost the cord that hooks my camera up to my computer. If I find it I will post some.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41

What's so brilliant about these ribbon sculptures is that if you're used to working with ribbon, they really are easy to put together-the hard part is coming up with the creative designs. Major props to those of you with creative cells. :0) If you give me a design, I can run with it, but I CAN'T for the life of me design these sculptures myself.

So, kudos to you! Because your butterfly is so darn cute!!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:47

thank you soooooooooooo much for posting the pictures back i cant waite to try this
Old 03-17-2009, 12:22

Thank you so much for these wonderful instructions! This is the cutest butterfly ever and it was so easy to do! I just made my first one and think I am probably going to have to get busy and do some for my craft show this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03-09 018.jpg (47.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-17-2009, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_jolene View Post
Thank you so much for these wonderful instructions! This is the cutest butterfly ever and it was so easy to do! I just made my first one and think I am probably going to have to get busy and do some for my craft show this weekend.

That is very cute! Love the colors you picked!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:40

This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:07

Thanks SO much! I am so glad that I've been saving my scraps since I started experimenting w/ making hairbows & clips! I definately believe that there's always something that can be done with them. I can't wait to make a butterfly!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.