printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-12-2009, 04:04

Default korker pony streamers?

I've made ponytail streamers with regular ribbon but I wanted to do some with korkers. Do you just tie in the middle like you would with a straight ponytail streamer? I hope I'm making sense lol.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:29

Default Re: korker pony streamers?

Well, I sew my streamers but essentially yes...just add it to the other ribbons and tie/sew it up. One thing to note (if going to mix straight and korked ribbon) is that you don't want to premeasure the korker to the length of the other straight ribbons while lying on the table or by measuring with a ruler because when the korkers hang down they won't match. So when I add a korker I leave it the original length and then once sewn together I hang on to it in the air and then trim the korker length. In order to match the straight ribbons length you will actually cut the korker longer than the straights. Once you take some of the weight off it will get shorter and if you cut the same length as the straights it will be too short. Does that make sense?? Anywyas I hope that helps. I like to add a korker ribbon to my streamers...people do seem to like them a lot.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:21

Can you post a pic of a finished korker pony streamer? I haven't figured out how to add korker ribbon to my pony streamers either.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:10

I did one last night, it was just korkers as that was what the person wanted. It actually looks cute than I thought. I will take a picture later if you would like. I would think that to do them with regular ribbon as well you would just add it, then cut to length once it's all sewn

Thanks again for your help!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults