Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-16-2009, 04:29

Default Re: What bows do you recommend I start with? (newbie)

my first bow style that i really wanted to learn & started was the twisted boutique... Didn't happen overnight. Practice, practice, practice... Mastered.

I could never master pinwheel... Definitely not my bow-BFF that's for sure and I stayed away from this style.

I agree with ellisandbrileesmom. Start whichever bow you feel like mastering and the site she mentioned is a good start. Michelle's free instructions will be a good start too.

The EASIEST is the bow-tie style... JMHO tho.
How To Make Bow-Tie Hairbow/Hair Bow Clips--1--Ribbon Bows : Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions
Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2009, 05:14

Good suggestions!

Old 03-16-2009, 05:34
creativesidebows

I say try a few different styles and see which is the easiest/most fun for you to do. I personally like doing the medium sized boutique bows because I find them easy to do but you may find something else that suits you better. Good luck! Welcome to "bow world" LOL!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25

I dove right in and started with a christmas tree and the shamrock.Bothe simpler than I had thought. I just can't stop the bigger boutique bows scare me so i'm sticking to sculpture and pinwheel bows. I really need to post some pics soon. If I can help at all just ask!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post
I dove right in and started with a christmas tree and the shamrock.Bothe simpler than I had thought. I just can't stop the bigger boutique bows scare me so i'm sticking to sculpture and pinwheel bows. I really need to post some pics soon. If I can help at all just ask!
Wow, you are so brave!! I am still a wimp and only really doing lined clippies. I think I pretty much have that figured out now Yeah, the bigger boutique bows are amazing.....but very scared to try those. I would love to see the pics of your stuff!! And any tips you have would be great, too!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:52

I absolutely will post pics soon! getting ready for three days of 12hr shifts so I will have to post friday. My friends are gobbling them up pretty fast. I usually check out etsy and ebay for ideas or look at pics and figure them out or do my own version with the same idea. So far so good. I was mistaken I have not tried a pinwheel bow yet I'm not sure what the bow I've been making is called hahaha but its super easy. I just made a chicken bow for easter useing marabou. I really recommend the girly things site I seen someone posted for you it helped get me started. I also you homemade templates for some bows. I think I found the instructions here? Could have been the ribbon retreat site, check it out.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif