Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-04-2009, 01:00

Default Twisted Boutique (I know this has been asked thousands of times)

I really want to learn to make the twisted boutique bows. I have wasted much ribbon trying. I am willing to buy directions I just want to know the best ones. I looked at some and then read on here that you can't even use the template for twisted.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!

(and yes I have searched the forum already with no luck!)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:59

Default Re: Twisted Boutique (I know this has been asked thousands of times)

Did you try these 2 techniques yet? These 2 worked the best for me, but I mostly use the 1st technique.

Boutique Bow Free Instructions

Perky Loops How To - Boutique Bow Free Instructions

Old 03-04-2009, 02:11

Part of the problem is that they look great at first, then they just don't stay as pretty. I tried spraying with stiffener, but I didnt like the results as much.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:31

I was in the same boat as you for a very long time, I actually bought the TNT templates. I've given up many times, but keep going back. I have only been able to accomplish this twisted boutique bow from the second set of these instructions. I have hand made all my bows for almost twenty years and had a hard time working with templates. As soon as I get my bow tied off, I straighten it a little and spray with hairspray before laying down or putting the backs on. The second set of instructions was much easier for me to figure out. Keep trying, you'll get it eventually, walk away from it, then just keep going back. Good Luck!

Boutique Bow Free Instructions

Perky Loops How To - Boutique Bow Free Instructions

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 03-04-2009, 05:12

Have you tried baking them? Baking them after spraying works for me. Just keep on trying!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:20

I use the sally jumbo clip to check all sides of the ribbon to make sure all the loops are the same in the back and front.

Then, I make sure the back of the ribbon isn't crooked (make sure it's straight across)

I stitch mine in the middle and I found out that even stitch lengths really make a huge difference.....
Old 03-04-2009, 05:29

I bought the instructions from Ribbon retreat along with the bowmaker, she gives you two sets of instructions and they are both good! I have made some great twisted bows but i am just not a bow person really

Old 03-04-2009, 10:38

please look on my site I have FREE instructions as well. very simple!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47

I finally figured this one out!! I used the tut that hipgirl provides, and the trick REALLY is to exagerate the angles. I did them all at 90 degrees and the loops then had that weird wave/sitting on the side look.

This tut-
How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--1.5--Folding Hairbow : Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions

but you MUST make the angles much more exagerated than what is shown in her pics. Oh, and I used 7/8 ribbon cut at about 27 inches for bigger loops, or 24 inches for smaller loops...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
I finally figured this one out!! I used the tut that hipgirl provides, and the trick REALLY is to exagerate the angles. I did them all at 90 degrees and the loops then had that weird wave/sitting on the side look.

This tut-
How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--1.5--Folding Hairbow : Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions

but you MUST make the angles much more exagerated than what is shown in her pics. Oh, and I used 7/8 ribbon cut at about 27 inches for bigger loops, or 24 inches for smaller loops...
This is how I do mine as well. Mindy (mbland) used to have a similiar tutorial here on hipgirls, but she's since removed it. Her tutorial was the one that made it "click" for me.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif