Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-27-2009, 01:56

Default Luau family dance

Okay ladies what should I put my daughter in? I really do not want to do the cheesey grass skirt and we are in Chicage were it may still be a bit chilly.

Any ideas??
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05

Default Re: Luau family dance

When my daughter turned 5, she had a luau birthday party. So fun! I bought her this inexpensive dress to wear (with a shirt under it for warmth). It's so adorable, and the price is so good. It's good material too and she has worn it many times since.

Flamingo Tank Dress

Old 02-27-2009, 02:12

I would probably go with a green tutu with leggings under it. And a lei wrapped around the waistband. Maybe a long sleeve leo with a hawaiian print shirt over it. Either a shorter length or tied in a knot. Of course with a cute flower in her hair and a lei. I was going to do this for a Halloween costume for one of my girls. Can you tell I have given it some thought?!?!?

Shannon
Old 02-27-2009, 02:36

if you want to go more traditional check out the links I gave you

Girl's Hawaiian Dresses

Hawaiian Island Girl Dresses for Girls

this type of mu'u mu'u is what most would wear in hawaii for bday parties and things like that... aloha wear... and like Jessica she could wear a turtle neck under for extra warmth

Last edited by Kg; 02-27-2009 at 02:38. Reason: to add about the warm thing...
Old 02-27-2009, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJessica View Post
cute dress! cute kid! but flamingos are more of a Florida thing... LOL still it is kinda tropical

Last edited by Kg; 02-27-2009 at 02:40.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post
cute dress! cute kid! but flamingos are more of a Florida thing... LOL still it is kinda tropical
LOL, I know. When my daughter said she wanted a pink flamingo party, all my friends laughed. I did even put one in the yard on the day of her party. I can only imagine what the neighbors were thinking.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulJessica View Post
LOL, I know. When my daughter said she wanted a pink flamingo party, all my friends laughed. I did even put one in the yard on the day of her party. I can only imagine what the neighbors were thinking.
THAT is freakin awesome! talk about a unique theme!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonshortcake View Post
I would probably go with a green tutu with leggings under it. And a lei wrapped around the waistband. Maybe a long sleeve leo with a hawaiian print shirt over it. Either a shorter length or tied in a knot. Of course with a cute flower in her hair and a lei. I was going to do this for a Halloween costume for one of my girls. Can you tell I have given it some thought?!?!?

Shannon

I thought about a tutu ~ do you know how they do the ones that are tied in knots? Is it as simple as just makig it regular and just knotting the ends?

Thanks everyone for all the good ideas!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole26 View Post
I thought about a tutu ~ do you know how they do the ones that are tied in knots? Is it as simple as just makig it regular and just knotting the ends?

Thanks everyone for all the good ideas!
I got my daughter a (very) easy tutu from the dollar store, actually. It was a few years ago, but after looking at it, I was like how easy would that be! It was just a piece of elastic for around the waist, then they used different colored green ribbons (slightly different widths & ribbon styles) and they took the long pieces of ribbon, folded in half, put the one end with the "loop" (not the two ends) behind the elastic waistband part and just above it, take the two ends that are the cut ends, go up and pull both through the "loop" part (which when you do this, tightens around the elastic waistband). Does that make sense??? If not, I'll watch this post & post a pic. It's SOOOOO simple, just hard to explain when just typing it out....and then the two loose ends hang down and make the "skirt" and the ends had a knot (of course, you'd probably want to heatseal the ends) to add some weight. Clear as mud???
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults