Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-24-2009, 10:56

Default Thankfully my house is still standing...

Important tip to remember (or atleast for me) is to never again try to make korkers on busy days (tuesday both my kids have music class as well as some other activities). I wanted to badly to have a korker bow to match my daughters new outfit that I was determined to get it done before class tonight. I got it done but cut major corners to get it done.

First I didn't measure her head for her headband (can't find the other 4 I made...go figure). Then I tried to bake the korkers while I was trying to give the kids a bath, feed them, and get myself ready (This was at 1pm and not a very good idea). Well I got the bow done and was very proud of myself I think it looks awesome for only being my second korker (To bad she couldn't wear the bow since we headband is WAY WAY to big). So we left for music class, ate dinner, and spent an hour at Wal-mart. Came home put the kids to bed and went to do the dishes only to find that I left the OVEN on. Not a big deal I thought b/c of course I wouldn't leave it on with something in it....WRONG!!! I left two dowel rods with ribbons in the oven since 1pm and it's 10 pm now.

The good news is that the ribbon is perfect just like I baked it for only 20minutes (Good to know if someone else ever leaves it in to long)...the better news is that I caught my boo-boo before my husband (b/c he would have flipped and banned me from ever using our oven again), and the best news is thankfully the ribbon didn't catch fire and the house didn't go up. I feel so stupid for doing that but thankfully everything turned out alright. I will never never never atempt a prodject on Tuesdays again....LESSON LEARNED.

Exhale
Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2009, 11:09

Default Re: Thankfully my house is still standing...

I have done that with my iron and it happened just last week and it's such a horrible thought that runs through your head on the "what if's!" I had it on say Wednesday night and Thursday night probably around midnight I just happened to look at the plug and it was on, but I never used it Thursday. I have left my glue gun on all day many times. I try to double check them now, but all it takes is going upstairs to do something quickly and then completely forgetting about it-urgh
Old 02-25-2009, 08:58

i leave my glue gun plugged in alllllllllllll the time! I cant seem to remember to unplug it! I thought I was the only one!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:02

LOL....oh you mean you are supposed to unplug those things....someone should have told me.....
Old 02-25-2009, 11:58

Dont worry......god and the fairies protect us all crazy mothers!!!!
I once left an apple cake in the oven and left with the kids to a movie, came back home about 4 hours later. Of course the cake was not edible but the house was Ok and hubby didn`t find out!! That was the best part since I would have been at a nursing home around my 99`s and he would been remind me that day.
So at least you didn`t loose the ribbon...
Pat
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.