printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-24-2009, 07:15

Default Bottle Cap Pendants

Okay so I have tons of bottle caps and decided it was time to do something with them. But I have a few questions... I did do a search for this but cant really come up with much to answer my particular questions. I am hoping someone here can help me out a little.

I have read to use glossy photo paper for printing my images out. And NOT to use clear nail polish.
Now for sealing them what do you all find to be the best. For the different types of sealers I have read I cant get it here. Is there an online store that will ship to Canada that I can get it from. Would it be the 3d crystal laquer? Is that the best one? How do you attach the image to the bottle cap so it will stay on there.
For punching the hole in the cap to make it a pendant is it best to do it before I seal it? And what do you find works the best to punch the hole?
And then for the back of the bottle cap...the part that would be touching the skin...do you put anything inside there? Wouldnt it scratch the skin?

Sorry, basically I am looking for instructions to make them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 02-24-2009, 08:11

Default Re: Bottle Cap Pendants

Boy I have been searching too--hey ladies can you help us out. Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26

I print my images out at the drug store. Much cheaper & you also don't get any bleeding. I use the envirotex lite to seal my caps. I really think it works best. I have tried a few other things & they take so long to fully cure & don't seem to get hard. I use a xyron to attach my images to the caps.
I use a tiny hole punch to put a hole in the cap & I do it after I have the image on it. You can also drill holes with a tiny bit or use a hammer & nail.
I don't put anything on the back of them.

I think that covers all the questions.
Beth
Old 02-24-2009, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmombeth View Post
I print my images out at the drug store. Much cheaper & you also don't get any bleeding. I use the envirotex lite to seal my caps. I really think it works best. I have tried a few other things & they take so long to fully cure & don't seem to get hard. I use a xyron to attach my images to the caps.
I use a tiny hole punch to put a hole in the cap & I do it after I have the image on it. You can also drill holes with a tiny bit or use a hammer & nail.
I don't put anything on the back of them.

I think that covers all the questions.
Beth
Thanks! Where do you get envirotex lite from and what is it? Another maybe silly question...you use a xyron...what is that? Isnt that like a sticker machine or something?? Sorry, I have no idea. If thats what it is I dont have one...what else would work as good?

Thanks so much!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendygirlz View Post
Okay so I have tons of bottle caps and decided it was time to do something with them. But I have a few questions... I did do a search for this but cant really come up with much to answer my particular questions. I am hoping someone here can help me out a little.

I have read to use glossy photo paper for printing my images out. And NOT to use clear nail polish.
Now for sealing them what do you all find to be the best. For the different types of sealers I have read I cant get it here. Is there an online store that will ship to Canada that I can get it from. Would it be the 3d crystal laquer? Is that the best one? How do you attach the image to the bottle cap so it will stay on there.
For punching the hole in the cap to make it a pendant is it best to do it before I seal it? And what do you find works the best to punch the hole?
And then for the back of the bottle cap...the part that would be touching the skin...do you put anything inside there? Wouldnt it scratch the skin?

Sorry, basically I am looking for instructions to make them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!
Just bumping this up again, can anyone help or sugguest a site with instructions. Thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 09:16

I get the ET from Michaels & use a coupon to cut down on the cost.
I made some instructions for the Girly Things site & not sure if they are posted or not. Let me see if I can find them
Beth
Old 02-26-2009, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmombeth View Post
I get the ET from Michaels & use a coupon to cut down on the cost.
I made some instructions for the Girly Things site & not sure if they are posted or not. Let me see if I can find them
Beth
I am going to go to Michaels this morning and see if I can find it. Our Michaels never seems to have any of the supplies I want.

If I cant get the envirotex lite is there something else that work equally the same?
Sponsored Links