ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:29

Default Re: no slip clippies

I too use the shelf liner and have never had a problem with it. Just make sure you trim the edges before you put it in so then it doesnt show at all. Works great!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33

I use GripZies - but I also trim them down half of the way because otherwise the clips wont close if i put them on both sides. I find if i take a pair of scissors and cut about half of the top off - it closes very well.

I asked my model's mom what she thought of them and she had told me that nothing ever really held back her daughter's unruly hair til she tried my hair clip. Maybe she was just being nice
Old 02-17-2009, 01:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggyCreations View Post
I use GripZies - but I also trim them down half of the way because otherwise the clips wont close if i put them on both sides. I find if i take a pair of scissors and cut about half of the top off - it closes very well.

I asked my model's mom what she thought of them and she had told me that nothing ever really held back her daughter's unruly hair til she tried my hair clip. Maybe she was just being nice
What are GripZies?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipgirl View Post
Duck Hold It--Basically it's like shelf liner but it's self adhesive. Also you can remove the old piece and put on a new one.

Here is how it works: How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--7--No-Slip Clip Grips Sets : Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions

Michelle
Does this work better than the shelf liner? I tried looking for it once, but never found it. I kinda forgot about it. It would def. make things easier!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlBows View Post
What are GripZies?
GripZies are just basically sticky backed foam cut to the size of a matchstick roughly. Fairly cheap if you order directly from them, 650 of them are 11 dollars and I think they work great. When trying out my own product, it really took a bit of force to even make hair move with the gripzies on the hairbow. Like i said, cut down, they are fantastic, but using double pronged alligator clips - I have to cut them down otherwise they wont close.

GripZies! Make No Slip Hair Bows w/Instructions

Edit to add: Gripzies are also latex and toxin free (shelving mats typically are made from latex).

Last edited by FroggyCreations; 02-17-2009 at 03:02.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlBows View Post
Does this work better than the shelf liner? I tried looking for it once, but never found it. I kinda forgot about it. It would def. make things easier!

Duck Hold-It contains latex. It also peels off after a few wears. There was a post recently about latex free gripper strips. I have used them and they are fantastic! Much better than shelf liner
Old 02-17-2009, 03:44

sweetprincessboutique sells them.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:35

I love the "gripzies"....I got a bunch free when I bought my gator bite....customers love them too..
Old 02-19-2009, 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahsmom View Post
Etsy :: punkynmunky :: How To Make A Silicone No Slip Grip For Hair Bows and Clips

She is part of our great fourm and this works great. I have tryed all the items you ladies have said and this one by far is the BEST.
I have those instructions also. I agree that it works fantastic. It's just very messy. Do you find the same thing? If not what do you do different?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen26 View Post
I have those instructions also. I agree that it works fantastic. It's just very messy. Do you find the same thing? If not what do you do different?
PM me and let me know what you are finding messy and I'll see if I can help you out. I don't make a mess at all, perhaps I can offer some tips

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.