new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-15-2009, 03:52

Default Elastic Tutu Sizes

I need help with determining sizes for tutus with elastic. I have a ton of tulle and haven't any elastic sizes set yet. I have searched and searched and there are so many differences in what people list for waist measurements/sizes for tutus.

I would like to have 4-5 different general sizes to carry and also make custom to waist size if needed.

So for example a 2T is 20 inches what is the circumference of the sewn unstretched elastic. Would you do maybe 18 inches???

Same with customer says their waist is 20 inches, your sewn product unstretched is how many inches?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30

Default Re: Elastic Tutu Sizes

I am planning on making some elasticized tutu's and have been watching elastic videos on expert village for days on end... LOL...

From what I have learned, you need to determine the stretch of your elastic because different types can vary. The best way is to take a measurement of your waist and then wrap the elastic around your waist until it is a comfortable stretch. Whatever the difference is makes up how much you should subtract...I would figure out the percentage for your waste, then use that ratio depending on the waist for the size you are working on...

Did any of that make sense? I like to overcomplicate things....
Old 02-16-2009, 12:58

No that makes perfect sense and so does researching elastic. Thank you... I don't know why I didn't just research elastic in the first place. I keep looking for tutu sizes and so frustrated with all the different tutu measurements.

Thanks again!!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntbelt View Post
No that makes perfect sense and so does researching elastic. Thank you... I don't know why I didn't just research elastic in the first place. I keep looking for tutu sizes and so frustrated with all the different tutu measurements.

Thanks again!!
I get REALLY bored, that's the only reason... lol... my DD stays up until 3 or 4 AM and there is nothing on tv at that hour!
Sponsored Links