http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-30-2009, 06:13

Question Are you closing your store?

I'm so bummed out and I just dont know what to do. I just spent nearly 3000 dollars in setting up an online hairclip store the last 6 months and now it looks like I can't open it anymore!

I was planning on opening a store on Ebay and Etsy. I wanted to establish a customer base first before opening my own website. Anyway, for those of you who sell on Ebay, Etsy, or MySpace...etc. How does this law impact your decision now? Are you going to continue or are you in the process of closing down?

I just dont know what I should do. I have ALOT of ribbons and appliques that I have bought and now its just sitting there. I was going to launch my ebay and etsy store on March 1st. I just feel really uninspired to work on my inventory right now although I really should be doing it if I want to open in March. But at the same time, the law isn't going to pass till the middle of Feb right? So I kind of want to know whats going on before I work on my bows in case. I just dont want ot waste the next few weeks working on so many bows only to find out that I, indeed, can't open for sure. ykwim?

Sorry, I know I'm rambling. I'm pretty distraught over this. 3000 was alot of money that I spent and I'm kinda sick to my stomach thinking about how I'll be stuck with all these supplies.
I think part of me is just in denial. Should I just go ahead and make the bows or should I start selling my supplies now? But then who would buy them if none of us can stay in business anymore??

Last edited by Mommy2Everyone; 01-30-2009 at 06:17.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:29

Default Re: Are you closing your store?

I am emptying my store on the 10th but not closing it. I think eventually things will work out. I have hope still.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:20

Hopefully if the CPSIA delay is true then at least you can have the company for a year/
Old 01-31-2009, 07:00

The delay is true! There are things that need to be worked out but for now we have a year to push and keep them working on it!
CPSC Grants One Year Stay of Testing and Certification Requirements for Certain Products
basically-we don't have to have certification....but you should really make sure your items do not contain lead. Which I hope we all do anyways

Old 01-31-2009, 07:23

How do you find out about lead with out testing my ribbon comes from everywhere and clips are from Sally. The HB I bought online?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:20

My response was before I read about the stay. I plan to remain open until at least next Feb or they change the law.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:35

I am going to continue to sell things till it's required to have the labels stating the certifaction label are needed in Auguest. I know that the delay will work in our favor. I know that all letters and potations need to be in by Feb. 17th. That's 7 days after the the " ACT will be in affect". I hope that our government gets some common sence and realizes that they dumb. I am all for protecting our children, but this is going a little to far.
I think that should be up the major manufactors to have their products tested before selling it to the general public. I know with the current economy that they should want all the taxes that they could get for business owner. At least thats my thought.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:58

I am new to this site and my daughter is interested in creating bows, my question is what does the CPSIA mean and what does that mean to individuals selling clippies at their home?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg