Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-27-2009, 05:34
Default What glue for bottlecaps?

I have been having a hard time with what glue to use for bottlecaps. I used the sticker machine they came off, I used glue sticks they came off, now I am using regular elmers glue and the sides are not sticking very good. What do you use?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 06:52
Default Re: What glue for bottlecaps?

I have been using my xyron but I think I am going to go back to the glue stick. I haven't tried this personally but I have heard some people using modge podge.
I think the problem with my xyron is that it is old & the sticky isn't all too good right now.
Printed foe & specialty ribbon buys done here!!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:11

I use Aleene's Tacky Glue. I've found that I have do a few things to make the images stay on the bottlecap better. First, I put the glue on the bottlecap, then use a small craft popsicle stick to spread the glue around and make sure that the bottlecap is completely covered, especially the edges. Then I put the image on, and turn the bottlecap upside down (image side down) on a sheet of wax paper (that way, if any glue comes out, it won't stick to the bottlecap or image). I then put a book on top of the bottlecaps to help it stick better while it dries. I don't use anything too heavy, but I've found the weight of the book helps them stay on.

Hope some of that helps!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:54

i have tried the xyron sticker maker and regular elmers glue. i think that the sticker machine is awesome!!! less mess!

i do have a question about what to put on top of the caps...i have tried exopy (someone suggested) but i am not getting the results i want. my caps are not smooth looking and have bubbles in them. i tried to poke the bubbles with a needle but it doesn't help much with them looking "smooth". its like you can see brush marks and swirls in them.

please help!!
Sponsored Links