http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-11-2009, 12:43

Default Re: What do you tie your BOUTIQUE BOWS with?

I sew mine. I used to use wire but the crease doesn't always stay put, especially after my daughters wear them
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-12-2009, 12:37

I sew mine with upholstery thread...and then wrap it around a few times and knot it...I haven't had one come apart yet.

HTH
Mika
Old 01-12-2009, 06:31

I started out using wire, but have moved to elastic thread. I don't sew mine, but wrap the thread around the pleats (center) several times and knot it. I then dot it with glue to secure it to the clip (plus more glue on the clip) and to the knot of the center tie going around the whole bow center. It's been wonderful and I haven't had any problems with it. I can get it really tight and I haven't had any break on me.

Stephanie B.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:52

I sew and use upholstery thread!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:56

I started out sewing my bows. I have tried it all, sewing, elastic, wire. I now use the 1/8" organza ribbon. You can get it really tight and it is much faster than sewing. I do still sew my spikes.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:38

I actually tie mine off with Dental Floss while in the Gator Bite. Once it is tied off, I run a couple quick stitched through the crease. First time I tried the dental floss I thought I would hate it, but I love it. I actually buy the waxed dental floss, and when I pull it tight it stays put (majority) of the time before I even knot it.

When I'm low on Dental Floss, I sometimes tie it off with Upholestry thread (this stuff never breaks!) but actually had trouble with the thread slicing into my fingers. When I use it now, I put bandaids on my fingers.

I would suggest trying the various methods mentioned, because what one person loves might just not be for you, and vice versa.
Sponsored Links