http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-06-2009, 10:15

Default Re: The CPSIA - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!

Here is a question?????? What happens to eBay?????I cannot afford to keep my kids in the clothes they usually wear if eBay isn't able to sell kids clothes.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatortot View Post
Here is a question?????? What happens to eBay?????I cannot afford to keep my kids in the clothes they usually wear if eBay isn't able to sell kids clothes.
No more Etsy, no more Ebay, no more Goodwill, no more garage sales....it sounds like it will trickle all the way down. It just HAS to be one of the HUGE categories that they weren't thinking of when deciding that this would be a good idea
Old 01-06-2009, 11:17

What I am wondering is how is this possibly going to be enforced? Are they going to send people out to every small boutique and resale shop across America to see if they are selling bows that have not been tested?

I mentioned this to the lady who owns the shop I sell my bows in and she had heard nothing of it. Is someone really going to come to her shop in a small town in the middle of Texas to check up on things?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkypinkboutique View Post
What I am wondering is how is this possibly going to be enforced? Are they going to send people out to every small boutique and resale shop across America to see if they are selling bows that have not been tested?

I mentioned this to the lady who owns the shop I sell my bows in and she had heard nothing of it. Is someone really going to come to her shop in a small town in the middle of Texas to check up on things?
That's what my husband was saying? How are they going to crack down on everyone?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbows View Post
That's what my husband was saying? How are they going to crack down on everyone?
I have heard that the CPSIA is going to pay people to hunt others down but I don't know how true it is. What I would worry about are the trolls that are just out there to get people. I think about how many people are flagged on Craigslist or how many ebay listings are reported and removed.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16

i also signed the petitions. thanks so much for reposting this so that others can do the same if they haven't already
Old 01-07-2009, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorijoz View Post
I have heard that the CPSIA is going to pay people to hunt others down but I don't know how true it is. What I would worry about are the trolls that are just out there to get people. I think about how many people are flagged on Craigslist or how many ebay listings are reported and removed.

I read that too. I have also seen SO MANY blogs & posts about it.
MYSTERY SHOPPERS they are called.
THe larger stores will get in trouble & be mad...( with reason to be) & then since it wont be fair fair for them to have to close shop, they will make sure if they cant no one else can.

Unsure how it will all play out though.
Garage sales...REally...I cant imagine THAT...but anything is possible!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:58

Ok I am totally confused. I hear that they are baning all this stuff. Then I went to a local resale shop that has hair bows. I asked the folks there and they said it only pertains to toys.

But really if this passes it would be absolutley insane. How can they make it retrocative??? Just makes me so mad!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefull View Post
Ok I am totally confused. I hear that they are baning all this stuff. Then I went to a local resale shop that has hair bows. I asked the folks there and they said it only pertains to toys.

But really if this passes it would be absolutley insane. How can they make it retrocative??? Just makes me so mad!!!!
That's what we all hoped at first, but then when you go back to the definition, we're still any product for kids under 12...

The problem is that the CPSC doesn't even know their own answers to this, so instead of sorting it out and getting our input before they put it into place, they are allowing this to go into effect with very vague areas that we are apparently "supposed" to know. It's all frustrating! From the few articles I've seen in the last two days though, it looks as if they are possibly TRYING to help a little bit....of course they aren't since we aren't exempt, but hopefully there is hope that it is heading that way to help us out at least
Old 01-08-2009, 10:23

For people that resell clothing on Ebay, thrift, and consignment stores. They pretty much got the ok today as long as they know the clothes they are reselling are within the limit. Got this from another board...

Posted today on CPSC Clarifies Requirements of New Children’s Product Safety Laws Taking Effect in February

Sponsored Links