New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-14-2008, 10:11

Default Re: Attention To All!

Everybody are welcome to join this group..

crerative read here maybe I understand wrong hopes yes but no sure...

http://shopetsybaby.com/etsybabyforum/index.php?topic=551.0
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 12-14-2008, 10:11

in regards to glue... according to this section...
Quote:
Originally Posted by section 106

(a) I
N GENERAL.--Beginning 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the provisions of ASTM International Standard F963-07 Consumer Safety Specifications for Toy Safety (ASTM F963), as it exists on the date of enactment of this Act (except for section 4.2 and Annex 4 or any provision that restates or incorporates an existing mandatory standard or ban promulgated by the Commission or by statute) shall be considered to be consumer product safety standards issued by the Commission under section 9 of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2058).

look for the label on your glue sticks/e6000 that says conforms to ASTM standards
Old 12-14-2008, 10:20
creativesidebows

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCISBEL View Post
Everybody are welcome to join this group..

crerative read here maybe I understand wrong hopes yes but no sure...

http://shopetsybaby.com/etsybabyforu...hp?topic=551.0

I appreciate your input but the problem with this whole mess is that people are putting their "own opinion/spin" on this. I've stopped reading everyone's blog/comments/input.....and I'm only focusing on the cspia site. That is the only place you will find the true info that anyone needs to worry about. Trust me, I was a frantic disaster when this first broke the news as this is NOT just a hobby for me. I actually need what I make to pay my bills and feed my 3 dd's. Without my income from my business we would loose our home. However, I've got to simply focus on the facts and the only place to find the facts is on the cspia website. Bows are NOT toys so anything that comes about for toy issues has no bearing on my products. I wish everyone well in thier endevure to find their piece of mind during these confusing times.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativesidebows View Post
I appreciate your input but the problem with this whole mess is that people are putting their "own opinion/spin" on this. I've stopped reading everyone's blog/comments/input.....and I'm only focusing on the cspia site. That is the only place you will find the true info that anyone needs to worry about. Trust me, I was a frantic disaster when this first broke the news as this is NOT just a hobby for me. I actually need what I make to pay my bills and feed my 3 dd's. Without my income from my business we would loose our home. However, I've got to simply focus on the facts and the only place to find the facts is on the cspia website. Bows are NOT toys so anything that comes about for toy issues has no bearing on my products. I wish everyone well in thier endevure to find their piece of mind during these confusing times.

Sorry I just try to help....
Old 12-14-2008, 10:26
creativesidebows

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCISBEL View Post
Sorry I just try to help....
Like I said, I appreciate your imput. No harm intended.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:39

can someone direct me to the section that is specific to clothing articles...I cant seem to find that... Thanks
Old 12-14-2008, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post
can someone direct me to the section that is specific to clothing articles...I cant seem to find that... Thanks

Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), FAQs For Section 104: Standards and Consumer Registration of Durable Nursery Products FAQs

I will wait for what other persons said because my english is very short sometime I don't understand very well and I don't want to make a confusion...
Old 12-14-2008, 12:57

From what I have understood in all of my reading.......the Durable Nursery products section is in regards to phalates testing. ALL products are still subject under the lead requirements.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:07
creativesidebows

Section 108 is for Phthalates. Phthalates testing is for items used in playing, sleeping, sucking, feeding or teething. Hair bows and apparel do not fall into this. This is what it states:

Section 108: Products Containing Certain Phthalates

What kind of products does the phthalates prohibition apply to?
Three phthalates, DEHP, DBP, and BBP, have been permanently prohibited by Congress in concentration of more than 0.1% in “children’s toys” or “child care articles.” A “children’s toy” means a product intended for a child 12 years of age or younger for use when playing, and a “child care article” means a product that a child 3 and younger would use for sleeping, feeding, sucking or teething.

Three additional phthalates, DINP, DIDP, and DnOP, have been prohibited pending further study and review by a group of outside experts and the Commission. This interim prohibition applies to child care articles or toys that can be placed in a child’s mouth or brought to the mouth and kept in the mouth so that it can be sucked or chewed that contains a concentration of more than 0.1% of the above phthalates.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:13
creativesidebows

I just sent this message into the faq section. Hopefully they will answer it:

I belong to a VERY large community of stay at home mom's who sell handmade clothing and accessories for children. We are all up in arms trying to decifer if our handmade dresses, burp clothes, hair bows and baby blankets will be subject to ANY of these testing requirements. Please clarify if handmade items made from material, fabric and ribbon need to be tested.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg