http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-10-2008, 04:55

Default Re: Attention To All!

Just came across a blog that is sharing Photos of Handmade Children products that are in endangered by the CPSIA. I think its a good idea to show just how many people are going to be affected by this law. Heres the url You can share your own photos and have a link to your site.

Endangered Whimsy

Hope this helps some of you.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 06:32

so does this mean also that you can no longer use swarvoski crystals on any items for children under 12?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:39

I just saw this on the Storque on Etsy:
Etsy :: The Storque :: Craftivism :: Handmade Children's Items & Unintended Consequences: Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act

~*~Laura ~*~
Old 12-11-2008, 08:51

Here is another link for where you can send your concerns to the Obama team.

Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team | momentstory

Any little bit can help

~*~Laura ~*~
Old 12-11-2008, 10:20

Great I will copy this and past to others groups...
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51

This is crazy...I wanted to buy some ribbons, but I guess I have to wait....Why people are making everthing harder for us when the economy is s**k a** . I can't believe this. How can we get the expensive test if we only sell $3-$6 bows. Doesn't make sense at all. Ughhh.... Now, I don;t want CHANGE!!!! Who wants this kinda change. I do care and love children, try to make the safest bows and now, one law, change everything. I hava nothing wlse to say. Just wait and see.

Wholesale Headbands, Rolled/Dainty Flowers, and Duchesse Flowers.

21 Satin colors and 20 Grosgrain colors. PM me for more details.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:34
daisyrose305

I started my shop in Aug. of this year and have been so busy making hair clips ever since. I have not been on here in a long time and walk into this???!!!

No matter how anyone wants to look at it, it does apply to our clips because those of us who have small girls know they pull out their hair clips and they go staight to their mouth! My husband and I have always been very careful about the items we buy for our daughters because we all want to make sure they are safe to put on them so play with.

I just doesn't seem fair and I agree that the places we buy our supples from should be the ones liable for these fines NOT US!! I really hope this law doesn't end up affecting us but if it does why wouldn't we be able to just mark our items as "intended for ages 12 and up"? I will definetly look into "lead-free". And I think if the prices for supples do go up, we will have no choice but to stop selling. I wouldn't want to be liable for a little baby being hurt by any of the items I make.....REGARDLES SAFETY COMES FIRST!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:47

Don't know if any of you read ZRecommends, but he had a great post up today called "5 Steps You Can Take to Save Natural/Handmade Companies from the CPSC and the CPSIA". Besides linking a couple petitions (that we should ALL sign), he also gives phone numbers for the appropriate government officials and some ideas about getting the word out. It's a pretty extensive article that I've already linked to on my blogs...
Old 12-11-2008, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyns_mom View Post
Shouldn't these items be tested long before they fall into our hands to be made into something???
My thought exactly. If I was making my own ribbon to sell, I can see how I would be effected and held responsible, but it should be the manufacturer who is held responsible. Yes, we can ask questions before we buy, but this is nuts.

It sounds like education....everyone who makes the laws are obviously not teachers nor ever been in a classroom
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56
daisyrose305

I was wondering if anyone has contacted etsy regarding this yet??
Sponsored Links