New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 06:11
nicole26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypiggysboutique View Post
I agree with you Nicole, I couldn't find it either. I mean if you go to all the sites that are talking about it, sure you are going to find discussion about ribbon and clothing. But if you go the CPSA or whatever it is, and read the actual bill you can't find anything about clothing or bows or shoes or anything. Toys, beds, strollers, etc.... yes, but clothes no....
I am glad I am not the only one who could not find it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 204
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypiggysboutique View Post
I agree with you Nicole, I couldn't find it either. I mean if you go to all the sites that are talking about it, sure you are going to find discussion about ribbon and clothing. But if you go the CPSA or whatever it is, and read the actual bill you can't find anything about clothing or bows or shoes or anything. Toys, beds, strollers, etc.... yes, but clothes no....
I agree, I see it every where else but not on the CPSIA site
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 06:28
LadybugLimited's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 153
Default Re: Attention To All!

No, it doesn't mention hair stuff specifically, ladies, but this is what the CPSC does say in their summary of the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act:

The new legislation imposes an additional third-party testing requirement for all consumer products primarily intended for children twelve years of age or younger. Every manufacturer (including an importer) or private labeler of a children’s product must have its product tested by an accredited independent testing lab and, based on the testing, must issue a certificate that the product meets all applicable CPSC requirements.

Please notice that it says "ALL consumer products"! The highlighted paragraph is taken from this page, the summary of the CPSIA. The entire text and all sorts of FAQs are on this site, so please go here if you want it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Want to know what to do? Cool Mom Picks had a great post about the issue today here. And yes, I'm the Diana mentioned in the edit, though they got my shop wrong in the link

Off to e-mail my congressional representatives...
__________________
Diana @ Ladybug Limited on Facebook and... check out my shop on Etsy -- home of the hand-printed fabric button clip and pony!
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 06:43
nicole26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugLimited View Post
No, it doesn't mention hair stuff specifically, ladies, but this is what the CPSC does say in their summary of the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act:

The new legislation imposes an additional third-party testing requirement for all consumer products primarily intended for children twelve years of age or younger. Every manufacturer (including an importer) or private labeler of a children’s product must have its product tested by an accredited independent testing lab and, based on the testing, must issue a certificate that the product meets all applicable CPSC requirements.

Please notice that it says "ALL consumer products"! The highlighted paragraph is taken from this page, the summary of the CPSIA. The entire text and all sorts of FAQs are on this site, so please go here if you want it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Want to know what to do? Cool Mom Picks had a great post about the issue today here. And yes, I'm the Diana mentioned in the edit, though they got my shop wrong in the link

Off to e-mail my congressional representatives...

Okay I am still so cunfused because I went to the place you are talking about to get it from the horses mouth and this is what i saw after the part you mentioned above:


The third-party testing and certification requirements for children’s products are phased in on a rolling schedule. The statute requires the CPSC to issue laboratory accreditation regimes for different categories of children’s products. Once the CPSC issues the laboratory accreditation requirement for that category of children’s products, each children’s product in that category that is manufactured more than ninety days after that date must be tested and certified to the applicable requirements. The schedule for CPSC to issue the laboratory accreditation requirements and the certification schedule is set forth on the timeline shown in the chart below.

CPSC Publishes Accreditation ProcedureThird-Party Testing RequiredLead PaintSeptember 22, 2008*December 22, 2008Cribs And Pacifiers October 2008January 2009Small PartsNovember 2008February 2009Metal JewelryDecember 2008March 2009Baby Bouncers, Walkers And JumpersMarch 2009June 2009300 ppm Lead ContentMay 2009August 2009CPSC Children’s Product Safety RulesJune 2009September 2009
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 08:45
LadybugLimited's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 153
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole26 View Post
Okay I am still so cunfused because I went to the place you are talking about to get it from the horses mouth and this is what i saw after the part you mentioned above:


The third-party testing and certification requirements for children’s products are phased in on a rolling schedule. The statute requires the CPSC to issue laboratory accreditation regimes for different categories of children’s products. Once the CPSC issues the laboratory accreditation requirement for that category of children’s products, each children’s product in that category that is manufactured more than ninety days after that date must be tested and certified to the applicable requirements. The schedule for CPSC to issue the laboratory accreditation requirements and the certification schedule is set forth on the timeline shown in the chart below.

CPSC Publishes Accreditation ProcedureThird-Party Testing RequiredLead PaintSeptember 22, 2008*December 22, 2008Cribs And Pacifiers October 2008January 2009Small PartsNovember 2008February 2009Metal JewelryDecember 2008March 2009Baby Bouncers, Walkers And JumpersMarch 2009June 2009300 ppm Lead ContentMay 2009August 2009CPSC Children’s Product Safety RulesJune 2009September 2009
Sorry, I took that paragraph from the summary of section 102 when I should have also quoted this paragraph from the summary of section 101:

"The limits on the amount of lead in children’s products are phased in over the course of three years. By February 10, 2009, products designed or intended primarily for children 12 and younger may not contain more than 600 ppm of lead. Children’s products that contain more lead than 600 ppm are banned in the U.S. after February 10, 2009, and the sale of those products can result in significant civil and criminal liability. The statute provides that paint, coatings or electroplating may not be considered a barrier that would make the lead content of a product inaccessible to a child..."

Hair clips are not specifically listed because the regulation covers ALL children's products. Seeing as how we use metal clips, there is no way we could be exempt from any lead testing.

Another helpful link is here, a letter you can edit to send to your congressional representative. The letter is written by the AAFA, the American Apparel something something (sorry, I found the link in the Etsy forums and don't know the whole acronym). The portion you can edit does a pretty good job of explaining how this would impact us all...

I'm not a lawyer or anything, just a seller and consumer who's concerned what will happen to my fledgling business and all the other Etsy types I'd like to keep supporting...
__________________
Diana @ Ladybug Limited on Facebook and... check out my shop on Etsy -- home of the hand-printed fabric button clip and pony!
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 48
Default Re: Attention To All!

Gurr, I am sooo ANNOYED! Nicole, I can't find anything either. If they want to make it against the law, then they need to be more specific on what exemptions there are and so forth. I had my husband look for it, and he can't find it.

They said socks and shoes are exempt because it's not a child care article or a toy. I am just soooo annoyed and confused!
__________________
Melissa mommy to BEAUTIFUL Boy/Girl twins!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2008, 11:42
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 91
Default Re: Attention To All!

Ok girls. Its going to be okay.... Every one just calm down... people are making a big deal out of nothing... This has been around for years... The new bill was signed because of the toys that came into america from china and had lead in the paint and so on. Even if this does affect us, I will tell you what you have to do to fix the problem....


Contact the distributer of the ribbon clips and so on get a cirt. stamped letter that tates their materials were tested. This is for big companies... not us...That is unless you make the tread that makes the ribbon that makes the bows... you see what I'm saying...beven if yuo make clothing just to cover your butt...get the letter form the material supplier....that is all you have to do...sorry for mis spelled words and so on I'm at work I will be back on later to give you more information...
__________________
Mother to Madison 7, Jessah 4 and Nathan 2
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2008, 12:31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6
Default Re: Attention To All!

I am really confused about this whole thing but I did just send a letter to my representatives. Hopefully, it can all be worked out.
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2008, 12:37
FRANCISBEL's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 513
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntffny View Post
Ok girls. Its going to be okay.... Every one just calm down... people are making a big deal out of nothing... This has been around for years... The new bill was signed because of the toys that came into america from china and had lead in the paint and so on. Even if this does affect us, I will tell you what you have to do to fix the problem....


Contact the distributer of the ribbon clips and so on get a cirt. stamped letter that tates their materials were tested. This is for big companies... not us...That is unless you make the tread that makes the ribbon that makes the bows... you see what I'm saying...beven if yuo make clothing just to cover your butt...get the letter form the material supplier....that is all you have to do...sorry for mis spelled words and so on I'm at work I will be back on later to give you more information...

I don't understand this
__________________
www.francisbelboutique.com (FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE )
www.FRANCISBEL.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2008, 01:18
TippyToes's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 414
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntffny View Post
Ok girls. Its going to be okay.... Every one just calm down... people are making a big deal out of nothing... This has been around for years... The new bill was signed because of the toys that came into america from china and had lead in the paint and so on. Even if this does affect us, I will tell you what you have to do to fix the problem....


Contact the distributer of the ribbon clips and so on get a cirt. stamped letter that tates their materials were tested. This is for big companies... not us...That is unless you make the tread that makes the ribbon that makes the bows... you see what I'm saying...beven if yuo make clothing just to cover your butt...get the letter form the material supplier....that is all you have to do...sorry for mis spelled words and so on I'm at work I will be back on later to give you more information...

This is NOT just for big companies. This does apply to anyone and everyone who manufactures ANYTHING for children under the age of 12. WE are considered manufacturer's because we take materials and make something completely new out of them. There are several threads going on at ETSY about this.

ETA: The shoes and socks things are exempt for PHALATES testing. Everything must still undergo lead testing.
Here's a link for A WEALTH of info on this subject.

Fashion-Incubator User Forum :: View Forum - CPSIA & Consumer Safety
__________________
My HeroLorra

Last edited by TippyToes; 12-10-2008 at 01:34.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger