New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 11:52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 186
Default Re: Attention To All!

I really think people are going overbard on trying to creat all these laws about testing things. People have been making things for years with worse things that are out there in the past, like our grandparents and parents and they all lived fine.

What do we all have to live in a bubble now? Come on.

If they really want things test I think they should ahve those manufaturers of those products test them, not us re-test them. If that's the case no one will buy or sell anything.
__________________
Sarah Mommy to:
Quinn & Bella 7.19.06 and Brinlee7.23.08
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52
AlwaysCrafting's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the shadows of the Beautiful Rocky Mts.
Posts: 7
Default Re: Attention To All!

"Don't you ever wonder who exactly comes up with these laws??? Was this a bill that was pushed on the president's desk at the end of the day when he was trying to get out of the door in a hurry. Did anyone think this all the way through??? Obviously not because it will affect everyone! Just what our economy needed. "



That exactly what I was thinking!!!!!! The Small Business is the back bone to our economy. It seems like the gap between the have's and the have not's is getting even larger.

Almost all of my supplies are purchased from manufactures found here in the US. Because I wanted to make sure I was providing a High Quality Item. Thatís why my prices are priced the way they areÖ it cost more to purchase from US manufactures but it was a cost I was willing to pay in order to provide High Quality product. But even then, I donít think I can afford the cost of $100.00 to test each and ever product seeing how the average price for an item on my site is $35.00. I may have to change to Making Adult Jewelry Ö.. Even though my passion is making adorable jewelry for children.
__________________
www.itsybitsybracelets.com
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 03:11
JenniCA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Default Re: Attention To All!

We're confusing the issues. The mention of durable goods and its exclusions apply to PHALATHES, not LEAD.
Clothing sold to children under 12 will need to be tested by a certified testing lab for LEAD.
If you MAKE, ASSEMBLE, PUT TOGETHER clothing for children under 12 you ARE considered a manufacturer.
If we use crystal/beads/ CLIPS/RIBBON/ fabric from manufacuters that hold the cert. we would need to obtain the cert. from THEM.
HOWEVER if your supplies have not been tested and now have to be, we may have a hard time finding supplies
and will be finding huge price increases.
Your ribbon and clips DOES fall into the category for lead testing! So just because you make bows and not clothes that does not mean this doesn't apply to you. It does because of WHAT you use to make those bows.

Please everyone go read the message board at Fabric Incubator! ALL the information is there.
Here is the link again.
Fashion-Incubator User Forum :: View Forum - CPSIA & Consumer Safety
__________________
Jenni in CA
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CaliforniaSeaming

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 04:33
nicole26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniCA View Post
We're confusing the issues. The mention of durable goods and its exclusions apply to PHALATHES, not LEAD.
Clothing sold to children under 12 will need to be tested by a certified testing lab for LEAD.
If you MAKE, ASSEMBLE, PUT TOGETHER clothing for children under 12 you ARE considered a manufacturer.
If we use crystal/beads/ CLIPS/RIBBON/ fabric from manufacuters that hold the cert. we would need to obtain the cert. from THEM.
HOWEVER if your supplies have not been tested and now have to be, we may have a hard time finding supplies
and will be finding huge price increases.
Your ribbon and clips DOES fall into the category for lead testing! So just because you make bows and not clothes that does not mean this doesn't apply to you. It does because of WHAT you use to make those bows.

Please everyone go read the message board at Fabric Incubator! ALL the information is there.
Here is the link again.
Fashion-Incubator User Forum :: View Forum - CPSIA & Consumer Safety

I do not mean to be rude but are you an attorney? It seems to me that you are saying alot about this I just want to make sure that you are getting correct information. The Part I read on the officail website talks about toys and cribs and baby furniture. I am sure you are just trying to help but please be careful with the info you are putting out there because false info gets passed around and then people get all worked up. JMO
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 05:00
nicole26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Attention To All!

Okay maybe I am missing something but I just looked at all sixity two pages and did not see anything that would effect hairbows or clothing. These are the things that are being effective that I could find:

(A) full-size cribs and nonfull-size cribs;
(B) toddler beds;
(C) high chairs, booster chairs, and hook-on chairs;
(D) bath seats;
(E) gates and other enclosures for confining a child;
(F) play yards;
(G) stationary activity centers;
(H) infant carriers;
(I) strollers;
(J) walkers;
(K) swings; and
(L) bassinets and cradles.
SEC. 105. LABELING REQUIREMENT FOR ADVERTISING TOYS AND Games.
Also metal jewlery.

Where is the info about fabric and ribbon?



Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 05:23
JenniCA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 926
Default Re: Attention To All!

First, no I am not an attorney. I am someone that does what all the rest of you do....make things. And if I choose to sell again I want to be able to do that, legally.
All anyone has to do to get the SAME information I have posted here is to go to the Fashion Incubator website. It is ALL there. I have not posted anything that did not come from that site. Nothing I have ever posted about this are my own interpatations of this law!
You are right about one thing, I am only trying to help.
Sometimes tho people don't want to hear things that will make things harder for them.
You all can keep doing what you are doing, making and selling. I am only trying to help you all to avoid having to pay a hefty fine if you get caught. There are many many people on that message board at fashion incubator that have made it very clear that if this law stops them they are going to make it their 'new job' to scour etsy and ebay looking for people with listings that have no certification and turn them in.
If any of you are willing to take that chance then that is your right to do so.
None if this has much to do with me personally because I don't sell anything I make and haven't for a long time.
I am only trying to help.
But if passing along all this TRUE information is not appreciated then I will say no more and you all can keep doing what you are doing the way you have always done it. But you better put aside some money to pay the fine when you are fined.
I'll say it once more then shut up...I was only trying to help and ALL the information is posted on the website I provided. Go do your own reading and you will see that I haven't made this up.
Go to the website and type fabric or ribbon in the search box and read what it says.
Lead is found in metal components, it is found in the paint this is on fabric and ribbon, it is in the dyes used on fabrics.
And we all know that swaroski crystals are full of lead.
Nicole they use the terms apparel so maybe thats why you don't see clothing.
I'll say no more because obviously I'm beating a dead horse here.
It's all over the news and the Wall Street Journal and all the boutique sites.
__________________
Jenni in CA
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CaliforniaSeaming

Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 05:28
nicole26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniCA View Post
First, no I am not an attorney. I am someone that does what all the rest of you do....make things. And if I choose to sell again I want to be able to do that, legally.
All anyone has to do to get the SAME information I have posted here is to go to the Fashion Incubator website. It is ALL there. I have not posted anything that did not come from that site. Nothing I have ever posted about this are my own interpatations of this law!
You are right about one thing, I am only trying to help.
Sometimes tho people don't want to hear things that will make things harder for them.
You all can keep doing what you are doing, making and selling. I am only trying to help you all to avoid having to pay a hefty fine if you get caught. There are many many people on that message board at fashion incubator that have made it very clear that if this law stops them they are going to make it their 'new job' to scour etsy and ebay looking for people with listings that have no certification and turn them in.
If any of you are willing to take that chance then that is your right to do so.
None if this has much to do with me personally because I don't sell anything I make and haven't for a long time.
I am only trying to help.
But if passing along all this TRUE information is not appreciated then I will say no more and you all can keep doing what you are doing the way you have always done it. But you better put aside some money to pay the fine when you are fined.
I'll say it once more then shut up...I was only trying to help and ALL the information is posted on the website I provided. Go do your own reading and you will see that I haven't made this up.
Go to the website and type fabric or ribbon in the search box and read what it says.
Lead is found in metal components, it is found in the paint this is on fabric and ribbon, it is in the dyes used on fabrics.
And we all know that swaroski crystals are full of lead.
Nicole they use the terms apparel so maybe thats why you don't see clothing.
I'll say no more because obviously I'm beating a dead horse here.
It's all over the news and the Wall Street Journal and all the boutique sites.
NO one is saying for you to stop sharing the info but there has been alot of "crap" going on with this board and me asking you a few question did not need that kind of response. No one said you were not helping or needed keep quite. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. But when I read the bill I did not find the info you are talking about and was looking for more clarification

Last edited by nicole26; 12-09-2008 at 05:31.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 05:43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 180
Default Re: Attention To All!

Thank you for sharing this with the group! In all my reading I am finding the same information and gave it to my lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 05:56
nicole26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Attention To All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndilou View Post
Thank you for sharing this with the group! In all my reading I am finding the same information and gave it to my lawyer.
I guess then I am missing something could someone please cut and past the article that talks about the appeal. The only thing I could find talked about nursery bedding. and it not being a durable good. I am not trying to be a Bi**h I am just trying to get the info. Sorry if that is upsetting some people but I have spent the last 3 hours looking for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00
prettypiggysboutique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 846
Default Re: Attention To All!

I agree with you Nicole, I couldn't find it either. I mean if you go to all the sites that are talking about it, sure you are going to find discussion about ribbon and clothing. But if you go the CPSA or whatever it is, and read the actual bill you can't find anything about clothing or bows or shoes or anything. Toys, beds, strollers, etc.... yes, but clothes no....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger