http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-03-2008, 08:19

Default Please HELP... I don't know what I am doing wrong!

Ladies, I need your expertise. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've tried every method that I know of (the figure 8, and the loop around pin through the middle and sew) to try to make the boutique bow! I CANT SEEM TO GET IT! It's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help!!!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 12-03-2008, 08:23

Default Re: Please HELP... I don't know what I am doing wrong!

Can you post a pic of what your bow looks like? It will help us help you!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:33

Sure... Let me see if this works...
Do you see that my ?boutique bow? (I can't really call it that, because it looks nothing like it).... Why are my loops like that, I need them where you can see through them. AHHH!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01

Please? Anyone?? Thanks again ladies.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01

It's kind of hard to see because of your surrounds. but it looks like you just need to really work on your angles.
When using the figure 8 method I had to practice alot before it actually looked like a boutique bow.
Just keep trying, you'll get it it just takes time. This was the hardest bow for me to learn.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBowtique View Post
It's kind of hard to see because of your surrounds. but it looks like you just need to really work on your angles.
When using the figure 8 method I had to practice alot before it actually looked like a boutique bow.
Just keep trying, you'll get it it just takes time. This was the hardest bow for me to learn.
Let me take a pic of the one I just did... and I'll show you. Thank you so much for your help....
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19

Ok this is the one I just did, I can't seem to make every loop like the bottom loops, is that how the bottom loops should look? I am so confused. Is the crease ok? Thanks so much to anyone who is taking the time out to help me. I really really want to start making boutique bows. Thanks again in advance.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:22

The crease looks good, alot better than mine in fact!
For the upper loops just keep trying to manipulate them after you've tied the center off. You should be able to move them around enough to make them look the way you'd like.
Once you get the loops to look the way you want lightly spray the bow with starch to make sure that the shape stays beautiful.
I hope I've helped some.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBowtique View Post
The crease looks good, alot better than mine in fact!
For the upper loops just keep trying to manipulate them after you've tied the center off. You should be able to move them around enough to make them look the way you'd like.
Once you get the loops to look the way you want lightly spray the bow with starch to make sure that the shape stays beautiful.
I hope I've helped some.
You have helped... thanks again!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.