How to make Ribbon Poinsettia ~Here~ :)
hello again ladies...another request so I came up with this inst. Of course, these flowers are already out there so, it's not mine. Again, feel free to modify and hope this will give y'all ideas. Ribbon colors used are just for better references.
Needle & Thread
Here we go!
1. Cut 8 x 4" 3/8 ribbons.
2. Line/stack 4 ribbons together. The top ribbon, mark a lil' dot for the center. In this case, your center will be at 2"
3. Take your needle and *poke* towards the center mark (from the bottom as you don't want your tie-off thread to show at the top). Don't pull needle all the way up yet. Once your needle is there, spread the ribbons out like the pic. Look closely as to which ribbons spread to where. The first 2 goes horizontally and the bottom 2 stays vertical. Sorry, pic not that great and kinda taken sideways...lol..
4. Once you've spread it out evenly, this is when you sew it off. You can see the white thread at the center where I sew it off.
5. The glueing part. Take both ends, bring it together and glue the tip. No twisting, no flipping .
6. Walaaa. =) Make sure you hv 2 sets to stack. Notice the color Red at the top and Turquoise at the bottom? Colors used are just for reference. Many uses Red, Silver, White etc etc... To Cover the Stitch, embelish it with a center or rhinestones, etc etc...
Nothing wrong with a little different...
Here is the link where Miranda and I worked it out.
and in the end, the love you take... is equal to the love you make
Thanks ladies for sharing your instructions with us. I actually made this flower two weeks ago and was trying to post the pictures on how I did it, but couldn't get the pictures to come up. I used a 1/4" sheer burgundy ribbon for the four bottom petals and a sheer light pink for the top four petals and topped it of with 1/4" metallic silver ribbon made into three balls using Michelles knot instructions. It turned out super cute. The flower was about 2 1/4 inches across. If anyone would like to see it I will see if my hubby can figure out what I am doing wrong, and post it for me.
Thanks, Ayesha... How's Malaysia? Gawd, i would trade anything right now for Malaysia's SUN. Don't care if it's humid! but it's better than this darn cold...lol...
Oh, did I mention I'm from East Malaysia?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hip Girl Boutique Christmas Poinsettia Hair Bow Clips Instruction||hipgirl||Free Hip Girl Clip Instructions||1||08-27-2016 02:34|
|Sharing my poinsettia loopy bows and clippie:-)||Lynn*||Hairbow Gallery||25||10-16-2008 11:29|
|How to make Poinsettia hair clip||hipgirl||How to make...||3||08-22-2007 09:25|