http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-18-2008, 03:13

Question How to fix stinky/wrinkly/stiff printed ribbon?

I purchased a lot similar to this one from this seller on eBay for trying out toggle headbands and it's not quite what I was hoping. Maybe all 7/8" printed ribbon is this way (I wouldn't know since I only do clips with 3/8" ribbons), but I thought I'd ask...

It came taped in the little rolls as pictured, so it's pretty wrinkly from being rolled so tight. I would iron it, but the ribbons also stink from the ink and they seem pretty stiff, especially the ones that have more ink on them.

The seller said they're washable-- can I just throw them in the machine or is there anything I need to know? I'm assuming drip dry would be best?

Thanks-- I don't want to make stiff, stinky headbands!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:39

Default Re: How to fix stinky/wrinkly/stiff printed ribbon?

I have a mesh iron gaurd. You can get em at wal-mart for like 2 bucks. It is just a piece of mesh that protect the surface you are ironing from coming in contact with the iron. If you place that on top of the ribbon it wont burn the print or you can iron the backside....
I also keep my mesh piece folded up inside a box of dryer sheet so that when I use it, it makes whatever I press under it smell good...
HTH.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:40

I couldn't see any pictures if there were any. But anyhow, if you wash it put it in a lingere bag so it doesn't get all wrapped up in the machine.
I have actually gotten rid of some of my printed ribbon after I got is because it was so stiff from the print. Not sure what to tell you for that.
Beth
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01

Not all 7/8 printed ribbons are like that...it depends on what kind of printing was used. I've bought some from the Seller as well and gotten that stiffy kind too.

I agree with RA(raggedyamys) and samsmombeth....mesh/lingerie bag. Hang dry... And oh, i also added fabric softener...lol..
Old 11-19-2008, 11:22

Thanks for the help all-- I just wanted to make sure that washing would actually help and not crack the print or something!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif