printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-23-2008, 10:01

Default Re: Bottlecap advice

What do you use to keep these are hairbows. I have tried every thing and can no get them to stay.
Thanks,
Teresa
Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2008, 11:34

I don't think you can get envirotex at HL or Michael's, I think you need to go to a hardware type place like Home Depot or Lowe's.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:37

To get them to stay on bows, I cut a length of ribbon just like I was going to wrap any other bow to a clip and I hot glue the middle of the ribbon to the bottle cap, then wrap the ribbon around the bow and seal the ends of the ribbon together on the underside of the clip. Does that make sense? It seems to hold really well. I know some people hot glue buttons to the bottom of theirs and then attach it to the bow.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:55

How do you put the enviro tex lite on the bottlecaps???? The instructions say pour over your item. How do you do the bottlecaps. Do you waste alot by pouring or do you do it another way?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:28

I used a cheap medicine dropper and it worked great. I love that stuff.. My caps came out wonderful..

I attach my caps by wedging my center wrap ribbon between the cap and a 1" wooden circle. They have them in the wood area at micheal's. I use Gorilla glue (but be careful it swells as it dries) to attack the ribbon and wood piece
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26

Red face Re: Bottlecap advice

Ok...thanks to everyone for all the responses...i have ordered my supplies and have everything i need except the sealant...i can't find the envirotex locally...tried hobby lobby etc...then saw the post for the harware stores...went to Lowe's today and they'd never heard of it...am i looking in the right place...near the glues and epoxys?? I will call home depot in the morning to double check... Also...I've started fooling around with creating my own images for them and wondered if anyone had any time saving tips...i'm creating them with microsoft word and photoshop...inserting images into the circles and then putting text over...seems there would be a template to download or something somewhere...easier?? (like you could just insert photos in or something???Just curious...and thanks again!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:52

I would also like to know where to get Envirotex Lite. I went into Joann's recently to look for Diamond Glaze, and when I asked where I could find it, they woman who worked there looked at me like I had three heads--she had never heard of it before.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:00

They have the envirotex lite at AC Moore. I just purchased the small bottles for just under $10.00. They also have a large set, if your not able to find it, send me a pm and I'd be glad to pick one up for you at my AC Moore.
Good Luck,
Jeannie
Old 01-05-2009, 09:24

I found the envirotex lite at hobby lobby, it is with all the other glues, its in ablue and white box if that helps. I know when I asked no one knew what I was talking about so I just kept looking and finally found it!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies