Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-12-2008, 12:18

Default Pricing for Korkers!

What do yall put on your websites or at craft fairs for the large korkers. I really have never done too many of these. Usually I just add strands to bows or do mini korkers which I sell in pairs. I've saw 'em for a good 9-10 in the city but I know folks around here ain't gonna give that. Thinking 6-7?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 11-12-2008, 12:31

Default Re: Pricing for Korkers!

My large Korkers are about 3-3.5" and really full, I sell them for $6
Old 11-12-2008, 12:38

Hi,
Just jumping in here. I noticed I under priced my large korkers. I am going to increase it between 6 to 8$. I have two questions. How much do you charge for your mini korkers in pairs? And do you know how to sew a rubber band (pony tail thing) onto the korker so kids can wear it like a pony tail? I only know how to put the french barette and alligator clip. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.
Thank you.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:46

I just do the alligator clips and french barrettes. I have no idea about the pony tail holder but it's a good idea. I do some "streamer" deals which are double knotted also with a bit of glue korker strands on a pony. Those sell real good here, I usually do 5-6 inches a strand with about 10-15 strands for $5-6.
Still thinking about 7.00 especially since I live in a really rural area but we will see. I really hate to over price but doing these is a pain IMO!
My mini korkers by the way I charge 5.00-6.00 a pair.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:07

Thank you for your feedback. I guess I will just play around with it and see if I can put it together good. Thank you for the mini korker price. I agree with you these korkers are a pain in the you know what and you do use a lot of ribbon and it takes alot of time. I can definitely see pricing them a bit more. It seems though, that most people are liking the mini ones. I actually like the minis b/c I feel they are more practical for everyday use. Sorry for blabbing.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:15

At my craft show a few weeks ago, I sold my korker bows in a set for $10. They are full and large, they sold ok, but I did have many people ask if they could just purchase one . I made some mini-korkers with 24 pieces and was going to sell them in a set for $6.00 but I ran out of time to finish all of them lol.

I'm thinking about just selling them individually at my next show for $6.00.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:17

jumping in here....

for my korkers when attatching to a pony-o I sew in a straight piece of ribbon to the korker, glue that to the pony-o and then glue the straight pc of ribbon around it. I use hot glue (you can use other craft glues too) and make sure the the seam of the pony-o (if it's ouchless) is glues to the inside of the korker. They hold great for me. I make them for the sport teams on base for the younger kids and I make them for my dd all the time too.

My mini korkers which measure almost 2" but only use 12-15 pcs, I charge $5 per set, my small korkers that are 2" but FULL at 20-25 pcs are $7, and my large korkers at 3"-3.5" that use atleast 32 pcs are $8 a pair. I mainly sell the small korkers around here.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:17

Melanie,
Thank you so much. I will try what you described although trying to visualize it. Your prices are around what I would charge too. For your minis do you typically use 3/8"? I usually do, but I am going to try even smaller maybe 1/4". I think they are so cute small. It probably is going to be a pain, b/c making korkers are a pain if you know what I mean.
Cherie
Old 11-12-2008, 07:47

For my mini korkers and really korkers in general I tend to use 3/8. I've saw some with the smaller ribbons and just don't care for them.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:34

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies