new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-11-2008, 01:40

Default Re: How to double knot when using Gator-Bite?

Hmmm....not so good at explaining but I pull tight (like the first step when you tie your shoe) I hold one end real tight and make a loop with the other and push the loop around the end I have tight. It never really slips. If you are still having trouble tomorrow, maybe I can post a picture....
Old 11-11-2008, 02:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibug View Post
Thanks for the help, but I can't visualize what you mean. Thanks anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post

here is a SITEthat demos the knot I am talking about
ALI... did you go to the site that has pictures?

once you pull tight at step 7 return to step one and do step 1-4

its then knotted off and you can remove from gb... hope that helps
Old 11-11-2008, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmmm View Post
Hmmm....not so good at explaining but I pull tight (like the first step when you tie your shoe) I hold one end real tight and make a loop with the other and push the loop around the end I have tight. It never really slips. If you are still having trouble tomorrow, maybe I can post a picture....
Sort of makes sense. Pictures would be great if you have them. If not, don't worry about it. I probably just need to keep trying different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post
ALI... did you go to the site that has pictures?

once you pull tight at step 7 return to step one and do step 1-4

its then knotted off and you can remove from gb... hope that helps
I did go to the site. I was confused on when you tied and stuff. Do you just tie it like that once, flip it over and do steps 1-4 on the other side?

Old 11-11-2008, 12:07

Quote:
Do you just tie it like that once, flip it over and do steps 1-4 on the other side?
Exactly, I do half knots 3 times before actually double knoting it off. That way it stays tight when you do that last knot.

So I put the thread though the GB and do a half knot (do the first half knot of the backside of the bow) then flip it over and bring the thread back through the GB and do another half knot (on the frontside) then once again flip it over and pull your thread through again and then this time when you do your half knot pull tight. The middle will "sinch" together and you'll have your 3 bumps. Tie it off... I usually knot it about 3 times just to be safe. After that remover your GB and cut your thread ends.

I'll take pics if you want
Old 11-11-2008, 12:09

Quote:
I did go to the site. I was confused on when you tied and stuff. Do you just tie it like that once, flip it over and do steps 1-4 on the other side?
LOL

ok

hmmmm....

do you understand step 1-7 ...pretend the shoe is the gator/bow... the 2 ends have come up under/thru and around the bow/gator ok...

now if you do step 1-7 with step 7 pulling the bow into position this will hold the bow in place with tension alone... you wont have to keep pulling it. taking the 2 ends on the same side you will do step 1-4... this is basically a modified sqaure knot.

ok... now if you are still lost, show your husband the pics and directions and Im sure he can explain the steps to you as most men love to show off their practical abilities.

if I had a web cam I would make you a video but I dont sorry... LOL maybe I should go get one LMAO
Old 11-11-2008, 01:00

I must be an idiot! lol. I am definitely a visual person. I think I understand most of your techniques. I finally get the "shoelace tying" one. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlea_6703 View Post
Exactly, I do half knots 3 times before actually double knoting it off. That way it stays tight when you do that last knot.

So I put the thread though the GB and do a half knot (do the first half knot of the backside of the bow) then flip it over and bring the thread back through the GB and do another half knot (on the frontside) then once again flip it over and pull your thread through again and then this time when you do your half knot pull tight. The middle will "sinch" together and you'll have your 3 bumps. Tie it off... I usually knot it about 3 times just to be safe. After that remover your GB and cut your thread ends.

I'll take pics if you want
I don't get how you make a knot if you only have one string. Make sense? So if you thread through the bow in the gator bite, how do you do a half knot? If you can take pics I would be grateful! LOL! Thanks

"Woah, I didn't see everyone elses posts!! You may have gotten in already!!" You'd think I'd get it by now...

Old 11-11-2008, 01:10

Yeah a knot with one string definitely would not make sense, LOL. I don't take my thread through the bow. both ends of the thread go through both slits in the GB. I then do the half knot and bring the ends back through and so on. Sorry I didn't read that someone else did it the other way or I would have clarified for you

Overall all ways mentioned work great, it's just a matter of finding one that works the quickest for you. KWIM?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlea_6703 View Post
Yeah a knot with one string definitely would not make sense, LOL. I don't take my thread through the bow. both ends of the thread go through both slits in the GB. I then do the half knot and bring the ends back through and so on. Sorry I didn't read that someone else did it the other way or I would have clarified for you

Overall all ways mentioned work great, it's just a matter of finding one that works the quickest for you. KWIM?
LOL. I know all the methods will work I just want to have my options so if one isn't working for me I have another option.

So, the way you do it is have the needle on one end of your string, pull both ends through the gator, half knot, thread needle through the bow, half knot again?? I think I got it, just want to make sure! lol

Oh wait! I am mixing up two people's methods. You first tie the knot with elastic thread, take it out, then sew it and remove elastic thread? Oh my, I am really confused now! lol

Last edited by alibali; 11-11-2008 at 01:15. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old 11-11-2008, 01:17

LOL, I'm off to take pictures
Old 11-11-2008, 01:31

Lol! That would be grand! Thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies