Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-04-2007, 11:48

Default Gotten this far...now afraid to finish!

Okay...kept at it and am getting the hang of the woven headbands. Remember, the first one took me a frustrating hour and a half. The second one took me almost as long because I kept trying to put the pattern into a format my head could understand and I was writing it down as I did...third was down to forty minutes and fourth was half an hour. Did I mention my hands hurt?!

Anyway...I was afraid I wouldn't have enough ribbon left, so I had too much...but, hey, can always line a clip with the left over.

Now I am scared to finish them off! So they are sitting there with clothespins.

Although I have the directions (that is the headband on the far right...colors from the purchased directions) to finish but I hate to mess them up! The other colors are school colors and M2M an outfit.

Any suggestions? Or go with the directions (Little Can of Beans) for those of you who have purchased that set?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headbands to finish.JPG (70.3 KB, 120 views)

ISO: manners
Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2007, 11:52

thanks! I wonder if I had only used two colors for the first one if it would have been easier...

Old 12-05-2007, 08:40

They look great!! and it is not really hard to finish the ends. It is easier than you think! So go on and finish them. YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:20

LOL, you're too funny! They aren't that hard to finish and if you mess them up you can always pull them apart. So quick get them done so you can make more.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33

You all are so neat, lol! What a great place this is!

We all need cheerleaders (I can hear Miranda now... of course, she is cheering with blue and gold cheer ribbons!

We had an open house at work tonight so had to work late...I am just going to sit and play on here tonight and tomorrow...drum roll...gonna finish those ends!

I'll post pics whether they're good or bad, lol! Plus, you're right, I can always re-do

Old 12-06-2007, 05:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
I just re-read it and OMG that would make no sense to me if I didn't make the headbands!! Hopefully she understands it!!!

LOL! I did understand! But you're right, if you haven't done the headband, it probably wouldn't make any sense. Thanks SO SO much! In a little while, I will head down and...gulp...begin to finish! Miranda's blue and yellow gold cheer will be in my head, lol!

Old 12-07-2007, 05:21

Smile Woven headbands

Headbands look tough to finish but they aren't. Clip the ribbons on the backside of the headband with 1/4" on end. Put dab of hot glue on front side of band under the front ending ribbons and glue. Bring the front ribbons to the back - keeping with the weave of the band - clip leaving 1/4" end and hot glue down. As long as you stay with the weave and bring the front to the back to finish it will look great. As to the colors, I had an easier time when I used 4 colors of ribbon on my first headband, then I went to a striped 3/8" ribbon for the whole band. It was really neat looking. Good luck, all my first trys went to grandaughter and she is a happy girl.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:51

I actually ended up doing both ways...the first few I did by the gluing, cutting, heat sealing...then (probably because I used to make baskets) I wanted to try to fold over yet stay with the weave. I must say, once you get a few done, it gets easier, just like the weaving part. The first ones sure look like they are the first ones but, yep...the grandbaby will still be happy, lol!

Thanks to every one for their help! I kinda like doing them assembly line...getting all the weaving done, then just sitting down and doing the ends one after the other.

Pretty soon the princess babies will be here and we'll see how they fit. I used one inch headbands because I thought my hands could stand it! I'll have to see how it looks. Perhaps one inch looks too big on a two year old? I bet Sarah would know!

Old 12-07-2007, 05:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by texie106smith View Post
Headbands look tough to finish but they aren't. Clip the ribbons on the backside of the headband with 1/4" on end. Put dab of hot glue on front side of band under the front ending ribbons and glue. Bring the front ribbons to the back - keeping with the weave of the band - clip leaving 1/4" end and hot glue down. As long as you stay with the weave and bring the front to the back to finish it will look great. As to the colors, I had an easier time when I used 4 colors of ribbon on my first headband, then I went to a striped 3/8" ribbon for the whole band. It was really neat looking. Good luck, all my first trys went to grandaughter and she is a happy girl.

grandbabies really benefit, don't they? They're what started this whole business, lol!

The other day, the two year old was pretend talking on the phone. Her other grandma asked her who she was talking to and what she was talking about. Alexa said, "Maw. {what she calls us grandmas} Order bows."

Old 12-07-2007, 05:57

Default for Miranda

I just wanted to let you know that while I was finishing my headband ends, every once in a while I'd start chuckling because your little cheer would run through my head! It was great, lol!

...and no headbands were blue and yellow gold.

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.