http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-30-2008, 08:15

Default Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway...re: no-slip

Hello, ladies. Quick question: I have seen that several of you line your clippes with velvet ribbon to make them more "no-slip." When you do that, do you just put a line of the velvet inside the clippie, or do you have to line the whole clippie with velvet? I have made a bunch of clippies for my daughter to wear and they won't stay in her hair. But I have obviously already lined the outside of the clippie, so I thought maybe I can put a line of the velvet on the inside? Is this how you girls do it?
She has really fine hair so I am hoping this will work...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:43

Default Re: Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway...re: no-slip

no help here but sound like the velvet might work i gonna have to try it my DD also has fine hair and the clips have been slipping out too..
Old 10-30-2008, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton+Harlow View Post
If you use velvet to line your clip it is best to line the entire clip on the inside as well. I find these work much better - Gripzies
Hair Bow instructions, How To Make Hair Bows, Free Hair Bow Instructions, Free Hair Bow Making...

HTH
This is what I use too, and they work great. Just make sure you order them from the wholesale site- they are much cheaper that way

GripZies! Make No Slip Hair Bows w/Instructions
Old 10-30-2008, 09:30

Not a dumb question at all. I use velvet quite often, I line my clip with grosgrain and then cut a small piece of velvet (about 1"... maybe smaller) and glue it to the underbelly of the clip. Works great and I have customers who actually prefer the velvet over other non slip materials.

HTH
Old 10-30-2008, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlea_6703 View Post
I line my clip with grosgrain and then cut a small piece of velvet (about 1"... maybe smaller) and glue it to the underbelly of the clip.
That is exactly the way I do it. Works great.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53

Quote:
Not a dumb question at all. I use velvet quite often, I line my clip with grosgrain and then cut a small piece of velvet (about 1"... maybe smaller) and glue it to the underbelly of the clip. Works great and I have customers who actually prefer the velvet over other non slip materials.

HTH
Same here.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:02

Thanks so much for the responses! I have some velvet that I haven't did anything with so I think I'll try that instead of buying the rug tape right now. But if the velvet ends up being a no-go then I wll try the tape.

thanks again!

Sarah
Old 10-30-2008, 01:14

And if the velvet or the duck tape don't work, you could try shelf liner... this is the latest I've tried, & it seems to be working (velcro was a wash) pretty well. I have not tried the duck rug tape or velvet though... Let me know how the velvet works out.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49

Quote:

HTH

Me too. I prefer velvet over foam-type materials because it is washable (nylon glued on with Fabri-Tac) and won't come apart over time. I use 1/4 velvet to line the underside of clips so I won't have to worry about lining it up *perfectly* so that it won't show. I do also use 3/8 velvet to fully line clips for holiday clippies.

MichelleB
Sponsored Links