Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-25-2008, 11:28

Default Re: TNT Bows........

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokendreamz View Post
well i was following the instructions and spread the loops as it said to. i dont think the ribbon will do what you suggested. it seemed to only go that 1 way. i will try again tonight after the baby goes to bed.
I can't make twisted boutiques with the method TNT uses. I have to do it by hand. I like this technique, except I angle each loop almost into a right angle (90 degrees):

How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--1.5--Folding Hairbow : Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions

Or, a lot of people have good luck with the figure eight technique:

Tutus, Bows More Boutique/Butterfly bow instructions
Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2008, 02:18

i have tried the figure 8 and i cant do it. i actually made a post saying i cant make this bow lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2 View Post
I can't make twisted boutiques with the method TNT uses. I have to do it by hand. I like this technique, except I angle each loop almost into a right angle (90 degrees):

How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--1.5--Folding Hairbow : Hip Girl Boutique - , Ribbons, Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Hairbow Hardware, Free Hairbow Instructions

Or, a lot of people have good luck with the figure eight technique:

Tutus, Bows More Boutique/Butterfly bow instructions
Old 10-26-2008, 11:52

It took me a long time to finally get the figure 8 method down.
Just keep practicing. And Im sure you are sick of hearing that. lol
Old 10-26-2008, 12:10

Are you a member of Devon's Yahoo group? If so, there is a file called Twisted Boutique Tips that might help you with the twisted ones. HTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokendreamz View Post
***BUMP*** so here are the ones i made. tell me what i did wrong or??

Old 10-26-2008, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBowtique View Post
I got TNT the other day too, and I'm having a hard time with the "cinching" Only half of the ribbon wants to cinch pretty, if that makes sense.
I'm bummed, I just can't get it right
Wrap your thread around once and then pull it some more, that's what I have to do, just keep pulling until you there is no more give!
I use apholstery thread, it lets you pull really hard and doesn't break!
HTH,
Bobbi
Old 10-26-2008, 05:39

i joined yesterday but havent been approved yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loelle View Post
Are you a member of Devon's Yahoo group? If so, there is a file called Twisted Boutique Tips that might help you with the twisted ones. HTH
Old 10-26-2008, 05:41

i used embroidery thread and it kept breaking on me. i guess when i got to joanns i will have to look for upholstry thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmel8rg8r View Post
Wrap your thread around once and then pull it some more, that's what I have to do, just keep pulling until you there is no more give!
I use apholstery thread, it lets you pull really hard and doesn't break!
HTH,
Bobbi
Old 10-26-2008, 06:31

I don't have those templates, I have the tott's. I always feel like one loop is off, or I like one side better ( Maybe it's because I'm left handed. lol) . The twisted boutique is hard. It takes practice, even with templates. Just keep trying. I only make bows for my girls. I've ripe out and redone so many it's not funny!!! Mine are okay, but they are getting better. Just keep at it. Not to mention, your trying to work in the middle of the night!!! Get some sleep amd try again tomorrow. Just don't give up.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:59

the only time i have to make anything is after 10pm and i stay up making stuff till 3, 4 or 5am. my 18month old wont let me do anything and i dont have a desk so i have to use the coffee table and couch as my work area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsock View Post
I don't have those templates, I have the tott's. I always feel like one loop is off, or I like one side better ( Maybe it's because I'm left handed. lol) . The twisted boutique is hard. It takes practice, even with templates. Just keep trying. I only make bows for my girls. I've ripe out and redone so many it's not funny!!! Mine are okay, but they are getting better. Just keep at it. Not to mention, your trying to work in the middle of the night!!! Get some sleep amd try again tomorrow. Just don't give up.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:23

It looks like you have followed the templates perfectly. All I see that you need to so is shape and starch. I normally make mine just like that. They look like yours. So then I take clippies and clip the tops at the correct angles and the bottom at the correct angles and spray with starch. Let it set in an oven set at 250 for about 8 to 10 minutes. Take them out and remove your clips. It works great for me. I don't let them sit in the oven as long as I do korkers, but only for about 8 to 20 minutes. I could take pictures tomorrow if that would help? But also, if you go to you tube and type in how to make hair bows, you will get allot of videos that will help show you how to shape them.. HTH!

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/jujuscraftsupplies
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif