Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-12-2008, 09:25

Default Re: Looping Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepolkadots View Post
Can you tell me how long should the ribbon be? I have never made this bow and pretty new to making bows so I am sorry if this is a dumb question.

I am not sure, I don't measure it. I usually make them and cut it off. I just eyeball the loops and "know" where to start and stop. I will measure it next time and let you know. I think I use a little more than the formula calls for.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLYSMOMMY View Post
Can You Do This With A Patterned Ribbon As Well Or Best With A Two Sided Ribbon?
I think these come out best w/ a two sided ribbon because inside the loops and that would be the back of the ribbon.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44

I bought her instructions also. Yours beats mine. I tried my first one the other nightand failed. Some of her instructions are hard if you don't really know what your doing like me. LOL! yours look good to me.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:27

I too have the same issues with the ribbon turning into a pinwheel. If anyone have instructions on how to make or even use a bow maker I would love it if you could please share. I am also to cheap to buy one and am now to handy with a saw or drill. I barely can get by one sitting without burning my fingers on the glue gun or when making soap burning it on that. please help. thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 09:37

Mindy,

Your bow is awesome! Is there anyway to show your tutorial with another color ribbon. It is a little hard to see which direction to make the loops.

Thanks! Again, I LOVE this bow!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by njzmom View Post
Mindy,

Your bow is awesome! Is there anyway to show your tutorial with another color ribbon. It is a little hard to see which direction to make the loops.

Thanks! Again, I LOVE this bow!
I'll see what I can do It will probably be this weekend, though. Also, thank you for the compliment!! That always makes my day.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:06

You could het some dowels and floral foam and make it your own or predrill some holes in to a wood block and sand it and the use the dowels.

Good Luck!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:06

Kat It looks like your bows are backwards in the pictures Like the loopys should be flipped over.. Also stiffing before making the bows sometimes helped me when i was learning.. HTH
Old 04-13-2008, 12:50

clear as mudd!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:32

can't say it enough, your bows are beautiful!

I have been working on mine, once I have enough courage, I will post one!

Last edited by njzmom; 04-16-2008 at 11:10.
Sponsored Links