ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-29-2009, 11:31

Default Re: Braided Hair Clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
there is no elastic involved. It just is stretchy when it is braided. I never buy instructions but I bought the instructions for the braided and woven and they were both sooo worth it. They are both super easy to make.
Yvonne
Well, I know when I do the braid there is some amount of natural give to the braid itself, but never having done one that long, I didn't know it would have enough for it to be used as a headband. I'll give it a try. What sort of length would you suggest?

Melanie
Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2009, 01:32

Lightbulb Re: Braided Hair Clips

Ok, so, I've figured out the braid, and I've experimented w/ different ways to wrap/conceal the beadband on the underneath. My problem is how I am ending the braid. Could anyone give me a tab bit of advice on how to neatly end the braid? It just seems so unfinished to me. Maybe I am doing it correctly, but it's just not sitting well with me, and my daughter is coplaining of it scratching her behind her ears.

I've been trying to attach pics to this post, but it's saying the file size is too big and I have no idea how to change that. Anyway, I've covered the end of the headband w/ a strip of ribbon like I would do for one of my woven headbands (I was able to attach one of those so you can see how I am wrapping the ends of those). The problem with that tho is that the braid is so wide, it looks funny.

I am not opposed to purchasing the instructions, but, in all honesty, I am a struggling mom who just can't afford to be purchasing instructions left and right... especially when I've figured out the hardest part on my own! I'd really be indebted to someone for a little bit of help here. ( I know this is the longest post I've EVER done, and I've used a lot of smilies, but I am freaking out over this one)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0004.jpg (58.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-28-2009, 01:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndga View Post
... and my favorite part is the free part! ...

I couldn't agree more, jenndga!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG101080 View Post
Ok, so, I've figured out the braid, and I've experimented w/ different ways to wrap/conceal the beadband on the underneath. My problem is how I am ending the braid. Could anyone give me a tab bit of advice on how to neatly end the braid? It just seems so unfinished to me. Maybe I am doing it correctly, but it's just not sitting well with me, and my daughter is coplaining of it scratching her behind her ears.

I've been trying to attach pics to this post, but it's saying the file size is too big and I have no idea how to change that. Anyway, I've covered the end of the headband w/ a strip of ribbon like I would do for one of my woven headbands (I was able to attach one of those so you can see how I am wrapping the ends of those). The problem with that tho is that the braid is so wide, it looks funny.

I am not opposed to purchasing the instructions, but, in all honesty, I am a struggling mom who just can't afford to be purchasing instructions left and right... especially when I've figured out the hardest part on my own! I'd really be indebted to someone for a little bit of help here. ( I know this is the longest post I've EVER done, and I've used a lot of smilies, but I am freaking out over this one)
Sorry Michelle sells my instructions here for 7$. Alot of hard work has been put into them! Hope you understand. That is part of the purchase of the instructions.

Boutique Hairbows, Accessories,and Clothing!
Click on my banner above!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg