printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-13-2008, 08:49

Default Twisted boutique

I was wondering if anyone knew the secret for the really twisted boutique bow. I have the gator bite and make regular boutique bows but they all have to shaped after making and starched to hold their shape. I have a local bow maker who makes her bows so twisted that they hold their shape and don't require starch. I'm going to post a link to a website that I found that makes the type of bow I'm talking about and would love to hear if anyone knows the trick.

Halloween Bow with yellow and black dots on orange grosgrain for little one! Cherry on Top - Cherry Bows - Boutique Hair Bows - Designer Hair Bows - Grosgain Hair Bows - cherrybows.com

THANKS!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01

Default Re: Twisted boutique

Definitely search the forums. There are tons of posts on this. I have TOTTS use the hand folding method in the instructions. Mine are more "square" since I like the use a sharper angle when folding than the one on the site you had.

I rarely starch mine if I'm using a good quality stiffer ribbon. The cheaper thinner ribbon needs the starch for my items.

HTH!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nscrivener2 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew the secret for the really twisted boutique bow. I have the gator bite and make regular boutique bows but they all have to shaped after making and starched to hold their shape. I have a local bow maker who makes her bows so twisted that they hold their shape and don't require starch. I'm going to post a link to a website that I found that makes the type of bow I'm talking about and would love to hear if anyone knows the trick.

Halloween Bow with yellow and black dots on orange grosgrain for little one! Cherry on Top - Cherry Bows - Boutique Hair Bows - Designer Hair Bows - Grosgain Hair Bows - cherrybows.com

THANKS!!!
There are so many instructions out there...I agree do search the boards...I use TNT and I do not have to starch to keep loops in place...I just do because I sell craft booth and many people handle them. I like a stiffer bow. JMO i will post a picture of mine....I think i is all in the twist...I have made mine more twisted then others.....HTH
Renaie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_7880.JPG (35.7 KB, 77 views)
Old 10-13-2008, 09:49

PRACTICE and more PRACTICE!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:54

Maybe you could ask the bow maker. She might be willing to share her tips with you.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:04

nevermind

Last edited by mdb78; 10-13-2008 at 10:08.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:18

Thanks everyone!!! I have sent an email to the maker asking to purchase instructions. I agree that it has a lot to do with practice. I was able to make one similar but it was so time consuming and dificult I can't imagine that it was the easiest way. That's why I thought there must be a trick or something that I was missing.

I'm in my first show in Tampa this weekend and can't really worry about it anymore! If anyone has the secret and is willing to share I'm dying to know!

Thanks again!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg