http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-27-2007, 11:01

Default How long did it take you?

I had purchased the woven headband instructions from Little Can of Beans. Finally got some headbands and sat down during the Biggest Loser to make it. An hour and a half later I am done, my fingers hurt and I didn't finish the end...I just pinned it and DH brought me a glass of wine. Didn't see what happened on the Biggest Loser, either.

So, for those of you who do make them...could you please humor me and tell me it won't always take that long????!!!!

ISO: manners
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 11-28-2007, 04:48

It took me an hour to make one too! I have the instructions from "SEW CUTE" and she repeats the pattern, for example: a behind b, c to front...etc. That was helpful to me...I just kept my place and that seemed to make things go more smoothly--I guess it's just like anthing else, practice makes things go faster!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29

That's funny about the a and b, etc. While I was doing it I was thinking I should have numbered them, like 1, 2, 3, 4...I think I am more left brained than right and doing the colors didn't make as much sense as numbers. As you do it, you can kinda see that eventually it will go faster, but geez!

And, it is sitting on the coffee table with a clip holding the end together. I didn't think I could tackle finishing it off at the same time. It was finishing me off!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsleymallory View Post
I made my first one at the time of about an hr and a half! This was before I found this forum. I thought the problem was my old hands just don't do things like they use to. Then after reading every ones comments here I got the instructions back out and made more each time I got a little faster now I can make one in about 15 min! So don't give up!

Thanks, Ainsley! I think we're about the same age...and I can't give up! The grands need more hair accessories! (Not really, but you know how it is, lol!)

Old 11-28-2007, 09:31

I've got the same instructions too. My first one took me over an hour and I thought there was no way I could do them. Now, just like everyone else I make them much faster. 10-15 minutes. I made about 30 sitting at the last craft show between customers.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:53

See, you all are so encouraging! I remember Sarah talking about doing headbands during a craft show and I couldn't even listen to the TV while doing this first one!

Yep, Ainsley, anything for a grand!

Heather, I am looking at the unfinished end of this headband right now and it is not inviting me, lol! It was my night at work to do class, so that is my excuse for not tackling it!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:09

I just tried this for the first time last night. I guess I was tired b/c I could not understand what I was reading.
I finally gave it my hubby and he did it for me.

I think I will try again tomorrow during naptime.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbandme View Post
I just tried this for the first time last night. I guess I was tired b/c I could not understand what I was reading.
I finally gave it my hubby and he did it for me.

I think I will try again tomorrow during naptime.
What a great guy!

Do you have the Little Can of Beans instructions? The next one I try (and there will be a next one!) I think I am going to use numbers. Another here did it by a, b, c, etc.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:36

I get frustrated and throw it to the back of my desk and pick it up once a day...lol
Old 12-01-2007, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreations*from*kaitlin View Post
I get frustrated and throw it to the back of my desk and pick it up once a day...lol
I know what you mean! But I'm going to keep at it because I love the look - I just need to be sure the cats aren't in the way when I toss it, lol!

Last edited by justjoan; 12-01-2007 at 09:07. Reason: spell
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg