http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-06-2008, 10:20

Default Stupid question re pony o's....

This is probably going to be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I am trying to make pony o's with a bow attached-- I guess you could consider it a cheer type bow. Anyway, I am wondering how the bow will keep from getting all flat and yucky looking once I attach it and my daughter starts wearing it. I am thinking that, when you start to wear it and are twisting the pony o around the hair several times won't the bow start looking flat and lose it's shape? Am I making sense, lol?

Sarah
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29

Default Re: Stupid question re pony o's....

I can't really answer your question except to say that when I make them for dd, I put them on a small french clip. They look the same and hold their shape really well. hths.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by toifrogs View Post
I can't really answer your question except to say that when I make them for dd, I put them on a small french clip. They look the same and hold their shape really well. hths.
The french clips definitely works if it's NOT a cheer bow. Cheerleaders are allowed no metal majority of the time.

With care of proper care and storage your bow will remain beautiful. Spot cleaning and hanging to dry helps. A light starch with fluffing helps as well.

HTH!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:01

Thank you, ladies. I have been attaching them to clips for a while now but I have never attached anything to a pony o before. I know that with pony streamers it would probably stay in good shape, but I am thinking that if you had a bow on the pony o it would get smooshed from trwistung the pony o around to secure the hair. Maybe I am just thinking too much into it, lol.

thanks again.

Sarah
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15

For my daughters bows/korkers/streamers on pony-o's I don't use that to actually secure the hair. I use a seperate, plain pony-o for securing the hair in the ponytail and then I put the bow/korker/streamer over that. I don't have to try to get it as tight and worry about the tibbon getting tangled as much. Hope that helps a little.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiermama08 View Post

This is probably going to be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I am trying to make pony o's with a bow attached-- I guess you could consider it a cheer type bow. Anyway, I am wondering how the bow will keep from getting all flat and yucky looking once I attach it and my daughter starts wearing it. I am thinking that, when you start to wear it and are twisting the pony o around the hair several times won't the bow start looking flat and lose it's shape? Am I making sense, lol?

Sarah

Why don't you make the bow removable. Put the bow on a alligator clip and then put some ribbon on the pony o to make it like an interchangeable headband. I know I've seen it discussed on here before. This way you could tighten the pony, and then put the clip on. Just an idea

Old 10-06-2008, 04:14

Thank you, ladies!

I appreciate your input--I will try the suggestions. I'll let you know what works best, lol!

Sarah
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif