http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-04-2008, 10:43

Default Parrot tutu for Halloween?

For Halloween my little boy would love to be a pirate and I thought to make a coordinating outfit it would be fun to have my 2 month old daughter as a parrot. I absolutely love little girls in the tutu's I've seen and found some instructions on how to make them (the ladybug, bumblebee ones etc)

Do you think I could make a tutu that would look like a parrot and how would I do that?

Should I make a blue/red/yellow tutu? Or just a red tutu with colored leggings? Or do you think people would not get that she's a parrot at all?
Any suggestions?
I guess I could always go with a girl pirate as well...
Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2008, 11:13

Default Re: Parrot tutu for Halloween?

I really like the parrot idea.....let me think....I;m gonna go hunting....I will def keep up on this thread, it sounds like a really cute idea if it can be pulled off!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:41

CUTE! You could find her a little baby beanie in red, blue or yellow and put feathers on the top of that!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:43

Could you not make a red tutu and then take some multicolor tulle(long layers than the red strips) and make a tail in the back? Use a red onesie or get a white one and dye it red for the body and then get a red knit hat and some white felt, black felt and yellow felt and make a head peice for her?

Good luck with whatever you end up doing!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:47

I was going to say make it like 3 layers red blue and yellow... and like a red onsie...
Old 10-05-2008, 03:47

CUTE idea and whats good is since she's only 2 months she won't really try to rip off the tutu. I spend time making things and my daughter eats them and rips it apart in mere moments. I would do a multi color tutu and I love the hat w/the feather idea! Very cute!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:08

I like the idea of feathers on top of the head. What would you do about a beak? Just not have it at all?
Here is a link to a parrot costume that gave me the idea...
Coolest Homemade Parrot Costume Ideas
I'm not sure that I love the fake eyes and beak but that's kind of part of a parrot?

I'm also struggling with the tail. If I make a multicolored tutu with three layers (red, blue, yellow) should I just make the back part of the tutu longer layers to make the tail? Would that even look like a tail or just silly? I want the tutu to look like a tutu.

Wings are a good idea too. I'd have to figure out how to make them.

Thanks for the ideas so far. It's getting my mind turning.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:20

I love the parrot idea-very cute! If it were me I'd go for the easier one-lol. I think it would be easier to just have her do a pirate as well. You could use black leggings and like a red/white stripe tutu. For the hat you could do a black beanie and put a bow on it with a skull as a center piece like a pirates hat, but it would be more girly with the tutu and bow I think? Good luck-I buy my kids costumes so my advice doesn't count much-hahaha
Old 10-05-2008, 01:39

i would say make a solid color tutu take different color feather boas and loop them and sew to the tutu! i can see this in my head but it may sound funny! i also like the idea of the multi colored tutu and longer in the back for tail! and the feather hat would be cute! i would make your babies nose yellow for beak
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg