5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-29-2008, 10:21

Default Sewn tutus?

Ok - it seems like there are some tutu elitists on Etsy. They are saying how much better sewn tutus are than tied. Some of them use the large wide tutu by the yard and gather and sew somehow. I'm not that ambitious. I usually just make the double knotted ones. The one shown below still looks like it uses strips, but they are sewn on (maybe beneath the elastic instead if into the elastic?). So how in the world, would you keep this in place while sewing it? Any advice?

Etsy :: PICKLEBUG :: Stunning Custom Boutique BellaLuna SWEET SIMPLICITY TUTU by PickleBug - 24 mos 2T 3T 4T or 5T - Quality SEWN to last, no knots to come untied
the 2nd pick shows where they were sewn.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-29-2008, 10:32

Default Re: Sewn tutus?

hmmm, maybe she sewed them before she put them on the elastic? Lol, I have no clue.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39

I sew my tutus as well. I have used tulle by the yard and 6" tulle on the roll. The one in the pic is just folded over the elastic and sewn just underneath the elastic. I would recommend using a triple stitch though. Other wise it would easily come apart. Hope this make sense. Let me know if you need more help.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:41

Ok- that makes sense, but how do you hold all of your tulle in the right place while sewing?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:44

Do you fold a little, sew a little, fold a little or do you wrap the whole thing then sew?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:44

One strip at a time. It doesn't take much time at all.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:55

Ok so you have your elasctic on the sewing machine and then you just add a strip (or color block) at a time and then sew over it? It just seems like that would be hard to do, but maybe I am making it more complicated than it has to be!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:03

I sew the elastic together first. Then yes I just sew 1 color "block" on at a time. If that doesn't make sense I'll see if I can get some pic together and pm you. let me know.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:16

Yes - Please send me some pics! Apparently I am tutu challenged today. I would GREATLY apprecaite it. Thanks so much!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmfjones75 View Post
Yes - Please send me some pics! Apparently I am tutu challenged today. I would GREATLY apprecaite it. Thanks so much!
ok give me a little bit.