New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-28-2008, 05:32

Default How long does it take you to make princess clippies?

I've thought about making princess clippies, but I'm just not sure it's worth it. Looking at instructions, it looks like it must take half an hour for most of them, and I see people selling them for $5-$6? I think they would be fun to make, but are they actually worthwhile in terms of time vs money.

So, how long do they take? And for comparisons sake, how long does it take you to do a butterfly clippie (which seem to sell for only a dollar or so less and looks like way less time invested.)

Maybe I will just make them for my daughter and skip making them to sell.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2008, 08:52

Default Re: How long does it take you to make princess clippies?

In my area I can only get $5, no it is not worth it to me. I still sell a few to people who know I do them, but I never advertise them anymore.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:12

So does anyone make them fast enough to be worth the money? Or are people just making them for fun and the money pays for supplies and a bit for their time?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:07

Funny! I wondered the same thing. I bought the instructions because a woman at work wants a cheerleader one. I don't think I could make them quickly enough to be worth the time it would take me!!! I would have to charge like $8!!!! I think I will just make them for me and friends.
Shelley
Old 09-28-2008, 11:13

I just made some yesterday and it took me 20 minutes each for hannah montanna, snow white and cinderella. I am selling them for $6, so I think of it at $18 and hour which seems pretty good to me.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:18

If I have all my ribbon all cut and ready to go, I can make several of them faster than one at a time. I do it in an assembly line fashion. I'd have to actually time myself the next time I do it, but I'd guess 15-20 min for one.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 09-30-2008, 06:48

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I will make them to sell although I might do a couple for fun. I sell 3 clippie bows for $6, so I can't see spending that much time on something that I can't sell for much more.
Sponsored Links