http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-26-2008, 12:03

Default Envirotex questions

I got some Envirotex last night to use on bottlecaps. What methods do you use to apply the resin to the tops of the bottle caps? How do I keep it from running over the edge. I have about 20 caps to do, approximately how much do I need to mix up? I don't want to mix to much and waste it.

Check out my Etsy store!
www.ShesSoCute.etsy.com
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:06

Default Re: Envirotex questions

when I used that stuff i would mix some up with a popcicle stick and the apply to the bottlecap.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
i use a plastic spoon to apply to the caps. it doesn't take much, so mix a little! you can always make more! i've never done just 20 caps so i don't know. i usually mix 2TBSP of each...but i do a lot of caps!
Thanks, that gives me a lot better idea of how much I need. I would've mixed way too many. I have some that I did with the spray on glaze that didn't harden. Do you think I could do the resin over that, or do I just need to give those to my kids to play with?

Check out my Etsy store!
www.ShesSoCute.etsy.com
Old 09-26-2008, 03:28

I have had so many problem with doing bottlecap, but now i am a champion bottlecap maker.

I do 200 at a time.

i use a cap full of each resin at a time. Make sure you are mixing really good for at least a whole minute. (if you don't it will just be sticking) I use a infant medication dropper. I fill the whole dropper up and squirt a small round circle in the center of about 5 to 10 circles and i get some more allowing time for the envirtomex to spread over the bottle caps. Then when i don't with all my resin in my paper cup, I get a toothpick out an make sure that all the cap is covered with the resin. after I done doing all the bottlecaps with the tooth pick, I get my lighter out and fry those little bubbles ( the funniest part of the whole thing..lol.) Then i start on the next batch. I do come back to the previous batch about 20 mins. later to make sure they don't have any bubbles.

hope that helps
Old 09-26-2008, 03:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmomall5girls View Post
I have had so many problem with doing bottlecap, but now i am a champion bottlecap maker.

I do 200 at a time.

i use a cap full of each resin at a time. Make sure you are mixing really good for at least a whole minute. (if you don't it will just be sticking) I use a infant medication dropper. I fill the whole dropper up and squirt a small round circle in the center of about 5 to 10 circles and i get some more allowing time for the envirtomex to spread over the bottle caps. Then when i don't with all my resin in my paper cup, I get a toothpick out an make sure that all the cap is covered with the resin. after I done doing all the bottlecaps with the tooth pick, I get my lighter out and fry those little bubbles ( the funniest part of the whole thing..lol.) Then i start on the next batch. I do come back to the previous batch about 20 mins. later to make sure they don't have any bubbles.

hope that helps
You don't know how much that helped me. I was planning to use either a medication dropper or a syringe. So a capful will go that far? So glad I asked, I would have wasted half a bottle!

Check out my Etsy store!
www.ShesSoCute.etsy.com
Old 09-26-2008, 04:38

no no!! you would be wasting a lot and it would dry to fast to you that. The most I will do at once is 2 cap full of each. That only when i am doing 50 or 60 at a time.

good luck!! It feels good t finally give back to someone on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysMom View Post
You don't know how much that helped me. I was planning to use either a medication dropper or a syringe. So a capful will go that far? So glad I asked, I would have wasted half a bottle!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:23

how to you get the dome look?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:01

if you want a more raised look just use more of the etlite on top, just not to much or it will run off and your bottlecap will stick to the surface its drying on lol!!! ( i did that already ) lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
how to you get the dome look?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:15

I don't make bottle caps but I use etlite for washer necklaces.
I put them on a cookie cooling rack and that rack on a baking sheet. Both are exclusively for this purpose. After I cover the washers with ET I let them sit a moment and then blow on them with a straw. All the bubbles pop.
I let them set for several hours and before they are as hard as rocks I move them slightly to be sure they are not stuck to the rack.
HTH in some way.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:06

Great tips ladies, thanks.
Sponsored Links