New products--Rainbow dot 3/8' grosgrain ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-24-2008, 09:50
Default Tried to use my xyron sticker maker to line clips

Well I am fairly new at this and have been mostly lining clippies lately. I still haven't figured out if I like hot glue vs fabritac, etc. So I was thinking about my Xyron sticker maker I have, I used to use it to run ribbon thru to use for scrapbooking and card making so I thought why not give it a try it has permanent adhesive. I cut my ribbons to line clips, heat sealed the ends and fed it in the sticker maker. I was able to fit three ribbons in at one time. It made it quick and painless (I am not so good with the hot glue. It worked decent. The downside is it isn't as permanent as the other methods and cost wise might not be he most effective. The ribbon stays attached fairly well although it will come off if I try to remove it. Just thought I would share my experience. Maybe someone else has already tried this.

Xyron | 1.5? create-a-sticker?
mommy to Abby & Megan

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52
Default Re: Tried to use my xyron sticker maker to line clips

cool idea if it works! I can pull hot glue off too, so it might be comparable. Great thinking!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:28

ohh.. I hv that machine too. And if I remember correctly, Xyron's adhesive comes in 2 kinds: permanent and removable.

Did you tried both?

hmm, come to think about it...where is that dang machine of mine... i hv to go look for it. I don't think I've unpacked it yet when we PCSd here back in 2006.

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:52

I've tried it and found the glue did not hold up over time. It never adheres permanently and actually becomes easier to pull off over time. I also found the sides of the ribbon wound up sticky so the edge of the clippie was a little sticky. I was soo disappointed because I loved the way it lined the clips!
Sponsored Links