New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-24-2008, 11:40

Talking Any ideas on how to make a Hillbilly Costume for my DD?

Ok so the Halloween Costume Contest is coming up at our Walmart. The only costumes that ever win are homemade ones that are funny. So, I think my 2 year old DD would be so cute but I dont have a clue what to put on her. I want something really funny. Does anyone know of any place to get a hillbilly costume for a 2 year old girl? Ive searched the internet and can't find anything!

ALSO-- For my other DD, (shes 4) I think I might put her Barbie Dress on her and make a cardboard box to put over her like she is new Barbie in the Box. What does everyone think about that? Too stupid? Or do you think its cute. I saw some pics on the internet of that.

If anyone has any ideas for a funnier costume for both my DDs that will help me win PLEASE let me know! These arent going to be their trick or treat costumes. (they want to be witches) I just need some ideas for the contest!

Thanks in advance for all your input!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 09-24-2008, 01:32

Default Re: Any ideas on how to make a Hillbilly Costume for my DD?

Well, when I think "hillbilly kid" I think dirt on their faces, wearing raggedy clothes and no shoes, drinking koolaid out of a bottle with a front tooth blacked out. I don't know if people would find that funny or not

But I did see a Mullet wig at Joanne fabric the other day, so maybe that would work.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well, when I think "hillbilly kid" I think dirt on their faces, wearing raggedy clothes and no shoes, drinking koolaid out of a bottle with a front tooth blacked out. I don't know if people would find that funny or not

But I did see a Mullet wig at Joanne fabric the other day, so maybe that would work.

You gotta drink it outta the mason jar! (ALthough for a two year old might not be a good idea since it's glass lol)

Old 09-24-2008, 01:39

For a hillbilly you could put on overalls and a plaid shirt, with one side coming out of the overalls, roll the bottms of the pants up to just above the ankles and let her be bare foot (that alone at wallyworld is a hillbilly) and leave her hair messy with pigtails. May work, funny think about that is, where I live some people really look like this.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:42

Plaid button up shirt tied in the front, cut off jeans and don't forget the pigtails and drawn on freckles
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43

I would do like Brittany says, but you have to cut one of the straps off of the overalls and rig up a rope strap! That is what I think of when I think of hillbillies. And add freckles to her face.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda View Post
There are people that look like this where I live, too! And I live in New York! They put a sign on the local convenience store that says "Shoe's and Shirt's must be worn" (extraneous apostrophes and everything!) The awesome thing is that the sign is made out of cardboard and sharpie and taped to the door.

Too funny, they couldn't print it out, lol. What really gets me, is the last few times I have been there, one couple had their baby in just a diaper in there, the other time the other one had on a diaper and a t-shirt walking around with no shoes on. Do people not know how dirty a floor is, especially walmart!!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:58

Ugh, I shudder. I was thinking the same as some previous posters. Two plaited pigtails, freckles, denim overalls with only one strap done, roll up the legs or cut them off. Maybe put a patch on the back pocket. And if you can find one, a metal pail.

If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:30

You all had about the same ideas I have. I'll use piggy tails because I dont know if hillbilly girls have mullets?? Someone also said I could use a potato sack for a dress?? Where would I find one of those to fit a 2 year old girl??? LOL! I think it would probably be too cold for that though! There are TONS of people that look like that around here too since I'm from eastern KY...wait a minute! Will they just think she's a regular person? They will probably be like ok wheres her costume? LOL...but I think its funny, especially for a 2 year old lil girl!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:02

LOL, just the title of this thread made me laugh! And the thought of a 2 yr old dressed like that!? Haahaa! You definately need to share pics of her when you get her costume made up!

heres a costume that is creative and funny. Your other DD could be the can of worms for you little hillbilly girl who is toteing a fishin' pole... lol

Best Halloween Costumes for Kids: Can O' Worms (Costume Contest Winner) - and More Great Family Fun Craft Ideas

if you click on the link under the picture I'm sure there are a lot more funny creative costumes.

good luck, Angie
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg